Limited Modified Nationals

storm'71

I haven't seen this topic posted on this board...but if it is already please feel free to remove my post. But I read about this event on the track's website, and the Limited Modified "A" Feature Saturday night pays $5,000 to win. Hope there's a big car count down South...

Will there be other classes running, or just the Limited Modifieds?

This show will be strictly Limited Modifieds. Looking to be a great show. Not sure on the pre-entry list yet, but I have have verbal confirmation of some pretty serious players that are going to be here to duke it out with the local big guns.

Anyone know what the car count is expected to be? I'm considering making the drive for at least 2 of the nights...but with only that one class running and $5K to the winner, I would hope for at least 100 cars. I recently attended the Fall Classic at HOT with 250-275 car count both nights and tons of back-to-back races...not expecting that at RGV with only the one class but hope the show moves along and doesn't drag out between heats merely to have 3 hours of "racing". Thanks in advance.

Storm,

We are hoping for at least 75+ cars. I think the Fall Classic had approx 85 sportmods on both nights. I am not sure about the preentry list, but you can safely count in about 30 of the locals, plus about another 20-30 cars from the neighbor tracks of STS and 1-37, so that should be about 60. Lots of talk and rumors about others guys, so I feel we will should hit the 75 car mark easily. 100 would even be better!

If you know of racers intersted in coming, the weather forecast is looking great, the racing will be awesome, so load up them cars and head south!

Archived