All American 400 Cancelled This Weekend

Note that the event has been rescheduled for Nov 20th thru 22nd. Don't give up yet because they said the 08 event was the last one too. I am here in Texas but get info from my brother who lives there and he indicated that the powers that be are rethinking the future of the fairgrounds so its not over yet. But knowing how politics and the economy is going, the fat lady could start singing at any minute.

I was planning on running the fairgrounds next year with Hamilton Racing but we have had to change our plans because the track lease was not renewed. I hate to say it but I believe this time they are correct and this will be the last race run there. I grew up watching races at that track and have some great memories of watching Waltrip, and Bobby Sr and Bobby Allison. Just wish I could have raced there one time.

Jeff O'Neill

#28 TSRS Late Model

Jeff

Sure hated to hear what you said about them not renewing ghe lease. I always looked forward to that weekend since the racing was always great there plus I got to spend time with my kid brother. I understand not all the folks there are happy about it closing but I understand there have been lots of complaints from the new residents of that area about the noise, etc. The older residents didn't care because they would be at the races. But todays folks tend to buy homes under runways then complain about the airplane noise and race tracks are no exception. I doubt I will ever visit the big track there since TMS is much closer so guess I eill just have to jot another entry in my little book of great things that have been lost to progress. And Jeff, I hope something else works out for you because I knew you were looking forward to racing there. There is lots of racing in that part of the country so I believe something will open up for you. Keep the faith.. Dano

Archived