Cup Drivers - Returning to their short track roots

racedude

David Stremme to Enter Snowball Derby at Five Flags Speedway

Snowball Derby - 10/28/09

Sprint Cup Series Driver David Stremme, the winner of the 2008 Winchester 400 has filed an entry for the 42nd Annual Snowball Derby at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL. Stremme will run his Late Model number #35 and will carry Verizon Championship Racing, Dodge and Mobil 1 as sponsors for the race.

Earlier it was announced that Harvick was planning on running with a SLM he is building

Kyle Busch is planning on running one of his SLM

Mark Martin announced that he would like to run this race

Heard Richie Wauters is leasing his out to a cup driver

I can't wait - this weather is getting me pumped!

Oh I know Mrs Smith - but that is why it is the premier short track race of the year because it is stacked full of talent. Aside from qualifying in - you have to get thru their Tech procedures and from what I see it is fine to be on the line but don't dare cross over that line. Casey has a provisional doesn't he?

oh but thats what makes it a great race. Just because they are cup drivers dosent mean they will run away with the the top spots, there isnt any top thirty five here. just the fastest advance

Once again agreed. Kyle has a history of that exact thing. Brian Ickler is a good example, but most of all is Colt James. Dont care much for Kyle as a NASCAR star, but the guy lives, breathes, and dies for racing. I love his passion for the sport, but he needs to love , cherish, and enjoy before it passes him by. The kid has talent. He drives his butt off, but he doesnt get out with a smile unless he wins. How many of us would give up whatever to be in his shoes? Life is too short not to cherish every moment. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE DOING "WHAT YOU LOVE"

I don't care who the Cup Drivers are; Casey, Augie, Johanna, Josh, Chris, Hunter, and a few more who race FFs constantly will tear their butts up. It is almost impossible to come into FFs and win on your first try. This track requires the right set up, HP, and a driver with a lot of patience.

A promotors dream to have these guys entered - how many short track fans who follow SHORT TRACK racing will make a point to be there to see their hero's kick the named drivers butt - Just think of the discussion that went on and on about little Wallace - it brings the fans period.

I don't care who the Cup Drivers are; Casey, Augie, Johanna, Josh, Chris, Hunter, and a few more who race FFs constantly will tear their butts up. It is almost impossible to come into FFs and win on your first try. This track requires the right set up, HP, and a driver with a lot of patience.

Didn't Kyle Bush run a few years ago? Then was DQ'd at tech after the race? I believe he was very fast as well. So I believe guys like this won't come to a race like this and be slow. They all have the best equipment,big money,quality crews ans certainly alot of talent. I think thier odds would be pretty good.

JMO

Ickler won it in Busch's car, but was DQ'd for having brake duct fans. I believe Busch has only run it once (before he made it big) and wrecked everyone but the pace car. I remember watching him pull off into the infield with his car on fire.

Danny

That's right. I knew Bush had something to do with it. That was when little Wallace was in it as well and got DQ'd as well

I believe Busch has only run it once (before he made it big) and wrecked everyone but the pace car. I remember watching him pull off into the infield with his car on fire.

Busch started 3rd in the 2002 Derby, and finished 33rd after wadding up anything close to him.

Danny, You may remember his quote after parking about "never coming back to race with these Hillbillies"

Porta-Wallace ran his first Derby in 2003, finishing 32nd before winning in 2004 and running 2nd in 2005 behind Mercer.

It was the 2007 race when Jason Hogan was qualifying Busch's car. Busch was at the NASCAR banquet in New York. Hogan did not qualify on time, but won the last chane race. But his crew chief (Richie Wauters) was heard on the radio calling for a crew member to go and jack the nose so it would clear tech. The tech crew stopped that, and the car was low on the nose resulting in a DQ. This is the same year that Wallace was caught with sockets in his pants trying to make weight in Wauter's other car. Same year he bought 3 of MR. Boyett's porta-potties for a measly $10,000.

It was last year that Brian Ickler got D.Q.'d in Busch's car for a tire blower. Win went to Augie Grill.

I had forgotten about the hillbillie comment. Dang you've got a memory! :)

Sure wish Snowball would hurry up and post the entry list. I just don't buy the "they're making sure it's right" thing. They had to have asked Steve not to post it. After all he has done for the track??? The driver bios are OK, but I'd rather see the list. More excitement to me in watching Steve update the list daily. I guess they want the website hits.

Danny

Archived