David Starr

Hey gang..

Here is something I posted on the davidstarr.com web site..your opinions are more than welcome! :D

This is MY personal opinion only...and you may not like what I print here, but I'm not gonna hold back..

1) David had a piece of crap car to run this weekend..the fact he even MADE the race considering the pressure he faced (having to make the race at his HOME track) was amazing..

2) The only thing that got David into the Busch race on Saturday was: (a) David's ability to drive and (B) the positive thoughts from all of his race fans around the country..

3) David was TRULY driving a dump truck in the Busch race..30th place is a phenomenal finish given the conditions he faced...His team worked very hard, no doubt...But, David's situation was the same as this: It would be like sending Ric Clark and myself to TMS to do a radio show---and giving us nothing more than a dial-up phone to do it..

4) The #50 Enzyte Busch team is in over its head at this point of the season..there just isn't enough team members, or money, into that team right now...maybe, as Terry Blount and myself surmised, Michael Holigan--while meaning well--should have put ALL the money into the Busch team this year, then added on a Motorcross team next year..

Ok, I think that's enough for now (right?)..tune in to this Sunday's show, I've already told Ric that we're going to debate David's season so far (he and I totally disagree on David's decision from the past off-season)..

And, most of all--thanks for supporting David! I would imagine that your positive vibes and support are really helping him out right now..

I had the oppurtunity to talk to David a couple of hours before the race. What a great guy. I stood behind his and Bobby Hamiltons pits (they were next to each other) during the race. I believe that this was the teams very first Busch race. The team was able to pick up a couple of spots for David on most of the pit stops, only to have a bad handling car lose them back. I thought it they did pretty good to bring the car back in one piece and in (30th?) Congrats to David and the team for a valiant effort. I'll be pulling for you.

SVCMNGR ~You're right- It was actually the teams first race --they DNQ'd at Vegas :( They barely made this one-and like Chuck said--Thanks to David's abilities on that one! I probably agree with most everything Chuck has said..Especially numbers 1, 2 and 3..And I Guess on number 4 to a certain extent..They do need more manpower in the shop--they are behind..I believe they are taking the same car to Nashville this week :blink: --the back-up car was not quite finished. Not having a backup car always scares me..You never know what can happen!

The only thing I have a hard time agreeing on with what Chuck said is David's decision..Even David may be questioning himself for all I know--but I just keep hoping the kinks will work out--being a new team, and all, I TRY to be optimistic and I try to give them a chance to prove themselves..But as far as David's decision--he may or may not have chosen the right deal, but He Didnt want to be stuck for 3 more years in the truck series--he wanted to move on up..His loyalty and appreciation to Wayne and Connie Spears made him want to try one more time for the Championship (I admire him for that), and this deal with Holigan allowed him to do another full year with Spears and run some Busch races as well..But who knows, if things don't go well with the Team at Nashville this week..I may agree on all accounts!! But I am going to wait and see what happens this next race-then maybe I won't be so wishy washy.. :blink:

D-Starr Lori..

As always, your opinions are true and optimistic!

Also...I agree with your assessment--I think David made teh RIGHT decision by doing what he's doing this year. My radio partner, Ric Clark, thinks David should have taken the Toyota deal. I was going to save that until the show this Sunday, but you forced my hand! LOL

It was kind of funny watching the team. I have been watching "The need for speed" for several weeks now and I felt like I knew everybody. The gas man looked like he had it down considering all the trouble he was having on the show. The pit stops looked good considering it was the first time out for them. I would agree that they are under staffed compared to some of the other teams. They were all busy before, during and after the race. Don't get discouraged! Y'all did good in an extremely competitive class. Experience at this level will make you better. Oh yeah, tell David the spotters position is still open for Mike if he wants it. LOL

Chuck ~ Sorry about that! Didnt mean to make you lay your cards down--wanna play poker sometime?? LOL

And Please dont let Ric be too hard on David!! ;) I sure wish I didnt have to miss this next show!! :( ~ Did you get my email, Chuck? My mail is messing up :blink:

Svcmngr.. DAVID sure needs a new spotter! Oh my gosh--the spotter was driving ME crazy! He HAD to be driving David nuttier than me~ and I wasnt even driving!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived