Texas Racing Silly Season

abrungot

Aaron,

TSRS ceased being a touring series a long time ago. If you still consider them a touring series, then the SS are too. They went to HMP at least once this year as I remember.

THR just needs to make it official and bring them under the ASA umbrella.

hray,

For the record, the TSRS Late Models raced twice at HMP and once at CCS in 2009. We were also scheduled to race at RRS, but it didn't work out. CCS asked us back this weekend, but we just didn't have enough time to pull it together, and we had originally scheduled the banquet this Saturday.

Debbie,

As far a whether TSRS is a touring series or not, IMO, a class that happens to travel to 2 other tracks during the year is hardly a touring series. Yes, TSRS started life as a touring series, but in reality it has morf'ed into a THR class that traveled to 2 other tracks this year the same as SS's are a class that traveled to 1 other track this year. But, as beauty, traveling series are in the eye of the beholder.

If this did happen, would that eliminate the Super Stocks from the ASA National Championship? I don't know if they allow 2 different classes from the same track to be in the running.

The track has to select the "premier" class, and that class in the only one eligible for the championship.

As far a whether TSRS is a touring series or not, IMO, a class that happens to travel to 2 other tracks during the year is hardly a touring series. Yes, TSRS started life as a touring series, but in reality it has morf'ed into a THR class that traveled to 2 other tracks this year the same as SS's are a class that traveled to 1 other track this year. But, as beauty, traveling series are in the eye of the beholder.

hray, "TSRS", TEXAS Super Racing Series did travel to CC, and will be happy to do it again, love those folks! We were unable to go back to Red River due to the conditions of the pit area surface, when that is fixed, we are there, also great people, but like THR, they too are working to keep the doors open, repairs and improvements come after the land payments and/or lease payments, electical bills and oh did I forget the 20,000.00 or so just for insurance? Now, besides THR did I missed another ashapt short track that is currently open in Texas? If so, please enlighten me. BTW, the lease @ THR is available @ 139.000.00 a year for anyone with better ideas then what has been in the past, just be prepared to open that checkbook real big, that is just the lease for the property! :(

The ideas of the past have kept THR/TSRS going much longer than probably anyone could have done it. Enormous THANKS! and appreciation go out to MaryAnn, HE, and all the dedicated folks working at the track(s). The cards just seem to continue stacking up against THR and racing in general. The bigger problems of the world are making it oh so much more difficult. We have to keep fighting for our freedom and rights folks, or we are not going to be able to drive a 'car' to a 'job' in the near future. The one thing they cannot ever take away from the racing community is the genuine care, love, and support we have for each other. Lets stick together and pray real hard for better times ahead.

Debbie,

I don't have any idea what Aaron's motivation is for starting this thread, but if it generates just 1 good idea that would generate extra revenue to offset all those expenses you (MaryAnn) outlined in your post, then it would seem to me to be worth the discussion.

Didn't TSRS only travel to 2 tracks last year (HMP and CC)? I guess you're trying to say that that's all the available tracks in TX so since you went to those 2 you're a touring series? IMO, if you were a touring series, you would need to be traveling. If there are only 4 tracks in TX, TSRS should go to Monroe, and/or Kansas, and/or NM.

My opinion is that TSRS could help THR by being the premier class and SS a sub class. Fans like a top class that looks like what they see on TV. By making TSRS a THR class, you would also reduced costs to teams (although that's a whole separate thread) and increase car counts. Just look at how many cars traveled to HMP and CC. And fans are smarter than you give them credit. They know a Limited LM from a LM and when TSRS travels to HMP, fans still consider the ProLates to be the premier class and the stop watches in the stands confirm their opinion.

Here's a list of things that would help TSRS, THR and the racers and car owners in the class.

1. Make TSRS the premier THR class

2. Standardize the tire for all classes (a lot of people want the Goodyear, but the Hoosier 970 is as durable a tire)

3. Limit tire purchases in TSRS (lower classes tend to limit themselves)

a. suggest 6 tires 1 time at the begining of the yr., then no more than 2 per race thereafter

4. Standardize shocks (spec shock). An alternative would be a shock claim.

a. The arguement has always been that teams have too much invested in their shock inventory (which is the problem) - put them on ebay and use the money to buy the spec shock

5. Still charge an entry fee, but pay higher purse farther down the line

6. Offer a year end incentive for all cars that race at least 90% of the races

7. Also give a points bonus for 90% or better attendance

These may all seem slanted toward the racer, and they are. If you attract racers, you increase the back gate and ultimately attract more fans (no one wants to watch an 8 car feature race) which in the end helps the track. This is not a chicken and egg argument. We can all be thankful to have a track to race at, but racers make the track. We could have 10 tracks in TX, but without a good car count they won't last long. There are ample examples of good tracks that went bellyup because for one reason or another they couldn't attract cars and therefore fans.

I hope this thread continues on..

Rusty

"As far a whether TSRS is a touring series or not, IMO, a class that happens to travel to 2 other tracks during the year is hardly a touring series. Yes, TSRS started life as a touring series, but in reality it has morf'ed into a THR class that traveled to 2 other tracks this year the same as SS's are a class that traveled to 1 other track this year."

SORRY, BUT TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY THE SS DID NOT TRAVEL TO ANOTHER TRACK THIS YEAR.

"But, as beauty, traveling series are in the eye of the beholder." "Didn't TSRS only travel to 2 tracks last year (HMP and CC)?"

DRIVER'S TRAVELED TO THREE TRACKS, YOU MUST INCLUDE THR, ALL THE TEAMS DO NOT LIVE IN KYLE!

"I guess you're trying to say that that's all the available tracks in TX so since you went to those 2 you're a touring series? IMO, if you were a touring series, you would need to be traveling."

WE ARE A TEXAS TOURING SERIES.

"If there are only 4 tracks in TX, TSRS should go to Monroe, and/or Kansas, and/or NM."

DO YOU EVEN HAVE A CLUE WHAT THAT WOULD COST? CURRENTLY, I AM A TRACK AND I COULD NOT BEGIN TO PAY MY OWN SERIES WHAT IT WOULD COST TO TAKE THEM THAT FAR. THERE IS REALITY TO THIS.

"Here's a list of things that would help TSRS, THR and the racers and car owners in the class.

1. Make TSRS the premier THR class

2. Standardize the tire for all classes (a lot of people want the Goodyear, but the Hoosier 970 is as durable a tire)

3. Limit tire purchases in TSRS (lower classes tend to limit themselves)

a. suggest 6 tires 1 time at the begining of the yr., then no more than 2 per race thereafter

4. Standardize shocks (spec shock). An alternative would be a shock claim.

a. The arguement has always been that teams have too much invested in their shock inventory (which is the problem) - put them on ebay and use the money to buy the spec shock

5. Still charge an entry fee, but pay higher purse farther down the line

6. Offer a year end incentive for all cars that race at least 90% of the races

7. Also give a points bonus for 90% or better attendance"

WELL, I MUST GIVE YOU CREDIT THAT THERE IS SOME GOOD POINTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS LISTED ABOVE AND BETTER YET, YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS TO YOUR COMPLAINTS AND OR RECOMMENDATIONS.

"These may all seem slanted toward the racer, and they are."

I HAVE NEVER NOT FELT THE NEED TO DO THIS, I HAVE EVEN BEEN CHALLENGED THAT I LOOK AFTER THE RACERS TOO MUCH!

"If you attract racers, you increase the back gate and ultimately attract more fans (no one wants to watch an 8 car feature race) which in the end helps the track. This is not a chicken and egg argument. We can all be thankful to have a track to race at, but racers make the track. We could have 10 tracks in TX, but without a good car count they won't last long. There are ample examples of good tracks that went bellyup because for one reason or another they couldn't attract cars and therefore fans."

RUSTY, I (THR/TSRS) WITH THIS ECONOMY, FEEL THAT (THR/TSRS) HAS BEEN BLESSED WITH GREAT CAR COUNTS AND GREAT TEAMS TO GO ALONG WITH THEM, THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE, THANK GOODNESS. FIRST AT HAND IS MAKING CERTAIN THERE IS A GATE TO OPEN! SO, NOT TO MAKE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE READING THESE THREADS THINK I AM IGNORING THESE SUGGESTIONS/RECOMMENDAIONS, BUT THAT I AM WORKING VERY HARD TO TRY TO KEEP A GATE TO OPEN! http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/forums/in...showtopic=31946

Archived