Romco weekend race schedules

Bandit

I want to hear everyones opinion on the way most tracks are run as far as the shedule goes. On Romco weekends, there is no set time for the feature (except Houston). To me there is no build up of excitment for the fans. At the last Thunderhill race, I had some guest in the stands that had never seen Romco before. After the SS race they almost left because it was getting soo late and the races drug on soo long. Luckily they stayed and are now hooked on our series. At any event, race, concert or whatever, there has to be a main attraction for that night. I am not saying it has to be Romco, it could be a 75 lap SS race, but there needs to be build up to the main show. A scheduled build up, not one that could last two hours or four hours depending on how many yellows. Houston is the only place that runs proffessionaly, so until things change, I am going to have my fans and family go there. This will spare me the embarissment of trying to explain the long delays and late hours to them later on.

Bandit,

I agree with you that there should be a feature *(Of all the features), however setting the time is really hard. There are to many variables to contend with during the night. Particular to cautions. I believe the announcers do their best to communicate whats going on but do agree when i am in the stands it is very hard to know when the last race is being run or how many more there are.

I think they should have a set time or at least get close enough to it. Some people sometimes come just to see a certain feature and if it's ROMCO, some times it's the last event and it can get pretty late, where some people have no choice, but to pack it up.

As for the tracks, when you guy's are at San Antonio Speedway, I think it is your own people who run the track, am I right?

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MORE THAN HALF THE POEPLE THAT BOUGHT A TICKET TO SEE THE ROMCO CARS DID NOT SEE THEM.I SAW PEOPLE LEAVING THE RACE IN BUNCHES.IT REMINDED ME OF 2002 OCTOBERFAST.THE PARKING LOT WAS HALF EMPTY BEFORE THE GREEN FLAG DROPED ON THE ROMCO RACE.I HAVE TO THINK ALOT OF THOSE WHO WERE LEAVING HAVE NEVER SEEN A ROMCO EVENT AND MAY HAVE BEEN POTENTIAL FANS OR SPONSORS.FROM ROMCO'S STANDPOINT IT WOULD BE BETTER TO START THE MAIN EVENT BY 9:00.FROM THE TRACKS STANDPOINT IT WOULD BE NICE TO RUN ALL OF THE SUPPORT RACES BEFORE THE MAIN EVENT.BUT IF HALF THE CROWD IS NOT GOING TO WAIT IT WOULD BE BETTER TO RUN SOME OF THE SUPPORT RACES LATER.

Guest The_Greek

from the schedule ive read, CCMS will run the heat races in the other 3 classes first, and then take a short 5 minute intermission, the Romco feature goes off first, followed by the other features, races start at 8. if u havent even been to CC Motorspeedway, its well worth the trip.

I'd like to see the Texas tracks:

a) run time trials before the official starting time

B) drop the usually dull heat races. Use time trial results (if any) or point standings for placement, with a dice roll to invert up to the first 6.

c) get rid of intermissions

d) run most of the local classes before ROMCO

e) run the Hobby Stock level class after the ROMCO feature

Here is what we have done with Romco.

Saturday April 17th

Pit Gates open at 11:00am

Practice :

ROMCO- 2:00-4:00

Texas Thunder- 4:00-4:15, 4:45-5:00, 5:30-5:45

Bomber- 4:15-4:30, 5:00-5:15, 5:45-6:00

Super Street- 4:30-4:45, 5:15-5:30, 6:00-6:15

Drivers Meeting – 6:30-7:00

Qualifying

ROMCO – 7:00

Opening Ceremonies – 8:00

Heat Races:

Texas Thunder (3-Heats)10 laps

Bombers (3-Heats) 10 Laps

Super Street (3-Heats) 10 Laps

Short Intermission – (5Minutes)

Feature Races

ROMCO 125 Laps (Out of Car Driver Introductions)

Texas Thunder Feature 20 laps

Bomber Feature 20 laps

Super Street Feature 30 Laps

Pits Close at 2:00am

Archived