South Alabama

Casey19

Great to hear two of my favorite drivers finished in that order. It was said Casey had a bad exhaust leak. Just hope it did not make him sick. The old Llama has missed talking to Casey, his dad, Chris and Gregg Davidson in the pits this year. I hope this is Casey's year to win the Snowball Derby.

Casey qualified 2nd, and Chris 4th. John Bolen's pole time was a 15.125, Smith ran 15.222, and Davidson 15.441.

The finish is as follows:

1 99 Casey Smith 100

2 41 Chris Davidson 100

3 10 Danny Bagwell 100

4 2 John Bolen 100

5 112 Augie Grill 100

6 77 Tuffy Hester 100

7 10 Ryan Crane 99

8 16 David Hodges Jr. 96

9 38 Kevin Dicks 96

DNF 29 Andy Antinoro 57

Damn shame only 10 SLM cars can show up to support this track. Whole bunch of 'Bama based cars that were not there. Maybe that is why the Bama 200 is PLM today.

In today's 200 lap race, Bubba Pollard is on the pole with a 15. 414, Chris Davidson will start 13th, and LLoyd Alexander 15th. Chris is listed in Greg's car.

I know that Stanley Smith, Johanna Long, Jeff Fultz, and Chase Elliot are all in the starting line-up at Winchester, but I can't find a line-up for the PASS South at South Boston.

Still believe there are several cars sitting that should/could have been there. Carlson, Mercer, Hamner, etc.

Several guys who have SLM cars like Pollard, Niedecken, Ruble, Crane brought just their PLM cars to Opp.

I will get a first-hand account of the Winchester 400 if the cold weather doesn't make my Dad chicken out. He is in that area, and plans to go to the 400.

Archived