See you all next season.

Well it looks like Rusty and my season is over. We missed the last few races because we had gone to the National race at HOT "TWICE". LOL Which neither of us made the big race but I was close until I was put into the wall and bent the rear end.

Last night we raced at THR on the asphalt. Rusty blew up at lap 35. I led all but 1 lap and had pulled a half lap lead on second when he blew up. Managed to pull out a good lead again and get the win. Great to win again, but the motor wasnt too happy about it. Has a little bit of rattle in it now and we dont have spares. So this was our last race for this season.

I just wanted to say to all you guys and gals, thanks for having us. You all made it a lot of fun and we are hooked. Also thanks for all the help we got from everyone from the drivers and teams to Jim and Brian. I hope to make a trip to see Jim soon. And we will see the rest of you folks next season sometime. I dont know about the THR schedule for next season so I dont know how often we'll be down that way, but we'll be back FO SHO... :)

Limited 27

Johnny

Johnny,

I think you and Rusty are first class guys, and I am glad to have met yall and be able to call you friends. I hope to see both of you next season, and if there is anything that I can do to help , just give me a call. Or if ya just want to call and tell racing lies, I am up for that too..lol

Victor

I really enjoyed the Limited Modified race last night at THR. Johnny looked like he'd been racing asphalt all his life! That 27 car looked like he was on rails out there and really deserved the win.

Nick

Thanks Victor. You are all our friends too. We really enjoy running with you guys. Everyone makes it a lot of fun. You are a great group of people.

And thanks Nick. Thats my 2nd win ever. Last one in 1998 at THR with a street stock. I got ribbed quite a bit from Rusty, Steve Sims and my brother in law, Tommy Gural. I had no clue that I had that kind of lead. I was running for my life and just thought that everyone was just driving really clean. LOL I wasnt being bumped. But without mirrors you can never look back. I just looked through the 3 small bars and tried to hit my lines. The car had a small push and I had to be easy off the corners but it was very drivable. I hope they get more races for next year. Now we have guys that have experienced the track and maybe they will come back. I'd like to see us on the schedule more. Heck I might just try to run with the Pro Mods if I need to race more at THR without a full schedule. I noticed the 18 car took 4th I think in the pro mods and I was turning the same and sometimes a little faster times than he was in practice. So I have high hopes for this car.

Archived