Championship Night at I-37 Raceway, TAKE TWO!

tqj3

We'll be running Limited Late Models, Street Stocks, Pure Stocks and Front Runners, plus a non-sanctioned race for the Sport Mods, who have already finished their championship. (High fives to Mark McGahey.)

We've invited everyone to come out this weekend and before the rainout had gotten calls from several folks who were coming and bringing friends and family. Hope they can still work us in around high school football, but it football as in racing, the kids come first.

Jim said I misunderstood him about the Mods, as they are unlikely to come out anyway. What we are doing is inviting the Super Stocks from Goliad and the Late Models from Corpus Christi to come run together. If we get a significant turnout, they will have an enhanced purse. Sorry for the misinformation.

The long-term forecast for Friday looks good, and we've got some dandy battles for points going on. Come on out and bring a buddy who's never been here.

How is this going to effect the points for the regulars if all these extras show up for the last points race? Just curious. Not racing in that class, but could change things.

looking at the points with the gap between each place, i wouldnt think it would affect anyone.

The track looks good so far. Jim thinks we may have to water it. Hearing there is rain in Corpus, if so, maybe those guys will come up and play.

No, my crystal ball is in the shop, so I don't know how many of anything might show up. Weather forecast looks like we might be driving home in the rain after the races are over, but that's just a guess. Forecast is for clear today, rain tomorrow.

Archived