Kristen Wallace adds Alabama 200 to her LM Schedule

Kristen Wallace Adds Alabama 200 to Her Late Model Schedule

Jasper, GA (September 28, 2009) - Getting through high school and bringing home their first Super Truck win would be enough to satisfy most teenaged race car drivers, but that’s not the case for Georgia’s Kristen Wallace.

The annual Pro Late Model Alabama 200 will go green at South Alabama Speedway on October 18, 2009, and Kristen plans to be among the competitors.

Although Kristen is just beginning her Late Model career, she is not intimidated by the new challenge.

“I don’t get intimidated,” said Wallace. “It will be a challenge but that’s mine and my crew’s place to make that one car fast enough.”

While Kristen has never showed anything less than the courage of a champion before, she did go on to admit that the prestigious 200 lap event is a new level for her.

“My goal mostly is to finish and leave with my car looking like it just rolled out of the trailer. Knowing this is a big race kind of gives me the jitters, but that’s not stopping me from doing anything.”

Kristen is a proven winner in Super Truck racing, but hasn’t amassed a great deal of experience to date in her Pro Late Model ride.

“I could use more [seat time] but I’m actually really confident,” Wallace said. “I’ve had so much seat time in the truck; now its time to put that same amount in the late model.”

Although the Kristen Wallace Racing team’s efforts have shifted to Late Model racing, Kristen will still pilot her Super Truck on occasion. The next such outing will be this weekend, October 03, in the Super Truck division support event for the Southern Super Stars Series World Classic 150 at Montgomery (AL) Motor Speedway.

“It doesn’t bother me which one I’m racing; as long as I’m on that track I’m satisfied,” commented Kristen of her return to the lesser lap counts of Truck racing.

Having four more confirmed events and one tentative event on her schedule, Kristen will have plenty of time to prepare for the 2010 season, which looks to be promising for the fan-favorite.

Life is action-packed for this rising star on and off the track. Kristen recently handed off the Miss Georgia Marble crown, spoke to students at Haw Creek Elementary School, and entered the competition for the 2010 NASCAR Drive for Diversity program. You can support Kristen as a candidate for Drive for Diversity at www.d4d.tv/profile/KristenTaylorWallace.

The Alabama 200 festivities get underway October 17, with the green flag in the 200 lap Pro Late Model event set to fall on Kristen and a host of other talented racers from across the country on October 18.

You can log on to Kristen’s brand new website at www.kristenwallaceracing.com for the latest news and notes from her and the KWR team.

Archived