New Dirt Track?

racin4fun

I hear there is a new 1/2 mile dirt track in Aransas or Rockport. Anyone hear anything about it? It is on 1069. We are going to go check it out tonight and this weekend. I will let y'all know if it is for real. The phone number is 361 729 0898.

Hummmm. That would be great.

A friend said they seen something about it in the paper a week or 2 ago also. I do not get the paper so I have no idea. I tryed to look it up on the local papers on the internet but you can not pull up past articals.

Hey I just called and got a answering machine and it is for real. They start racing April 4th. They are doing practices now, they did not say what days just druing day light hours. 15 dollers for the first car, 10 for the second 5 for the 3rd and 4th is free.

They did not say what classes are running either. I left a message for them to call me back.

I think it was in the Rockport Paper. Not sure witch one. But I called the phone number to the track and it is for real. Hummm. When they call back I will leave a post on details of what classes and all. Like I said we will be going to check it out, I will try to get some pictures of the track also. I will be going Sat. for sure.

wow, well I have 3 guys who are going to see if they can find it on there lunch, I will know more about it later today. It is on Dustin Lane off 1069 I guess.

I do not know if there is a web site for it. I have not found one. I also called one of the local new papers here in town and they did run a add on it a couple weeks ago but the news paper does not put anything on the internet. There are 3 different CC drivers going to find the track sometime today.

Here is the phone number to the track again 361 729 0898. Hawkeye Speedway.

It is Aransas Pass, kind of on the boarder of Rockport and Aransas. They say 1069 is the back way to Aransas from Rockport. Not sure how to get there from CC. I am not good at directions. Your best bet would be to look it up on a map. Dustin Lane off 1069 in Aransas. It is by Willow something.

Okay then. As soon my friends check it out I will let ya know what it is all about. If they have pits, stands ect....

Have a safe trip back to Kingville.

Ya well, cheeper then the race cars lol. It sure would have been nice to have some where closer to race on our off days. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep wishing.

Some guy out here was talking about buying Shady Oaks but then said they wanted to much or somethin, then he was talking bout opening his own, guess not.

That is why I thought maybe it was true.

I have RC cars too lol.

Your tellin me. That sucked. I thought it could be true. I was told somethin about it last week but thought ya right. Then a couple other people asked me about it again and I thought maybe. I just found out a few hours ago too that it was a RC track. We all had out hopes up. I am sorry, it really had nothing to do with April first really. I had 2 people go find the place too.

Archived