TMS--Day One

ChuckLicata

Hey gang...

First and foremost, thank you for the birthday wishes...I appreciate that very much...Oh, and to answer Nick's questions..I'm 43...(yah yah, I'm an old man, I know..) LOL :D

Second..I'm here in the TMS media room..here's what's up for this morning..

ROMCO cars started checking in at the south infield parking lot at 10 a.m., just a few minutes ago..as for ROMCO today, they're scheduled to practice from 2:30-3:30 p.m. That's right before today's Busch Qualifying at 4 p.m. Of course, the ROMCO race (The Fire 911 ROMCO 100) is scheduled for 6 p.m. Friday night (66 laps, 100 miles) and runs right before tomorrow night's IROC race..

The IROC guys will hold a presser in the media room before practicing at 6:30 tonight..then, it's the FANDANGO deal for season ticket holders at 7:45 p.m...

Tomorrow morning is when things really crank up here, as the NEXTEL Cup haulers pull in at 5:45 a.m.

I'll work to get you info throughout the day today and definitely get you some numbers on the ROMCO practice this afternoon..

for those who may be interested, I'll be doing a segment with Craig Way today and tomorrow at 3:40 p.m. that's accessible via internet (sportsradio1300.com)..I'd also suggest keeping up with Terry Blount's reports on the Dallas Morning News web site (http://www.dallasnews.com/)..

Bye for now...

Archived