I-37 News Release

NeilTPS

I-37 Racing Season Starts this Friday Night

Pleasanton, Texas -

I-37 Speedway starts the 2004 Summer Racing Series on Friday, April 2 at 8:30 pm.

The first event will feature the four following racing classes:

IMCA Modifieds…Limited Late Models… Super Stock…Pure Stock.

All classes expect to have the top racers in Texas and the surrounding states competing this Friday night. Heat and Feature Races will be held for each class.

Track Promoter Joe Horne has said, “I am going to make I-37 Speedway work into a successful race track”. Horne speaks from experience. He was the former owner of San Antonio Speedway.

I-37 Speedway is a quarter mile oval dirt track located on the east side Interstate 37 just 30 miles south of the I-37 – Loop 410 interchange.

Racing fans from San Antonio, Corpus Christi and other South Texas areas should take exit # 104 (Leal Road) proceed south on the east frontage road and follow the signs to I-37 Speedway.

Gates will open at 2:30pm. The racing program will begin at 8:30pm and continue each Friday evening through the end of September.

I-37 Speedway Ticket Prices:

Adult Grandstand - $ 10

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25

Children 7 to 11 years - $ 3

Children 6 and under - FREE

Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on www.I37speedway.com

or by calling the track phone at 210/534-1898 or the track office at 210/532-5421

One minor correction,

The only IMCA sanctioned class is the IMCA Modifieds.

The Limited Late Models, Super and Pure Stocks are NOT IMCA sanctioned.

Full IMCA points and all IMCA rules are in effect for the Modifieds. The other classes race under I-37 Track rules. I don't want I-Stocks or Hobby stocks showing up expecting points.

Whenever in doubt, call first!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

I-37 Speedway Announcer

Texas Thunder Speedway Co-Announcer

Texas Super Racing Series Announcer

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel!

Archived