ANOTHER HISTORY MAKING WEEKEND FOR KRISTIN BUMBERA

ANOTHER HISTORY MAKING WEEKEND FOR KRISTIN BUMBERA

Kristin Bumbera teamed up with Jonathon Gomez Saturday in Salt Lake City, Utah to compete in the CarbonX Rocky Mountain Challenge Series. Driving the #2 for John Gomez and Heritage Cattle Co., Bumbera made another mark in racing history becoming the first female to ever compete in the touring super late model series.

post-1415-1251226125.jpg

In front of a packed crowd for the NAPA 125 Bumbera qualified in an impressive 10th position with the only crate engine in the field. With the full field inversion Bumbera started in 5th. However, she didn’t stay there long and wasted no time getting to the front. By the end of the first lap she had taken the lead and was pulling away from the field. It wasn’t long before the bigger engines began to catch her. She was forced to pit when another car pushed up into her coming off of turn two. Under green flag conditions Bumbera would go several laps down to change the left front tire.

Although there was significant damage to the front suspension Bumbera battled back and finished the event running with a top 10 finish in her first trip to Rocky Mountain Raceway.

“Jonathon Gomez is a class act and the best teammate that I could ask for. I’m ecstatic about this chance to team up with the Gomez’s here and at Iowa. It’s cool to race with other people who know and have what it takes to win; and are able to have fun with it too,” said Bumbera. “The car was just perfect, I couldn’t have asked for a better set up for the race. Shane Prince, my crew chief, did an awesome job preparing the car for me and we hadn’t even met until the race. I’m happy for Jonathon and the great run he had and coming so close to his first win.”

This weekend was not about points for Bumbera but more about getting some seat time before her next big race with the NASCAR Camping World West Series again in two weeks at Iowa Speedway. This race also gave her the opportunity to compete against superior talent such as multiple touring series champions, Jeff Jefferson, John Dillon and John Newhouse.

The CarbonX Rocky Mountain Challenge Series which was formed in 2004 is a regional touring super late model series which allows all competitors to race and gain experience on different types of racetracks throughout the Northwestern United States.

Kristin Bumbera is proudly sponsored by Heritage Cattle Company and Bumbera’s Performance Associates. For more information visit www.kristinbumbera.com, www.heritagecattleco.com, and www.bumberas.com.

Archived