TSRS meets CCMS

jp17

This past Sat. was my first experience at CCMS and we left this morning with mixed emotions. I’ve heard many stories over the years and was very pleasantly surprised that the track did not live up to it’s reputation. The track is a blast to drive and man do you Corpus folks support racing! The place was clean, had good, reasonably priced food and everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Although I have no basis for comparison I can only assume that it is as a direct result of the new ownership/management. I am disappointed however that we as a series did not provide better entertainment for the fans. There were a lot of cautions but none of them seemed serious enough to merit the long yellow flag periods. You certainly can’t blame the track clean up crew, those guys did an outstanding job. I don’t think you can slow the cars down much more under caution, mine was nearly stalling as it was. Yes there were a ton of flat tires (us included) but it I don’t think that is the main problem either. I’m beginning to think that maybe yellows shouldn’t count at tracks like CCMS and would be interested in what other people think. jp

Guest The_Greek

JP, glad you enjoyed it down here, and yes Corpus fans support good racing, but it needs to be good, this was your first race as a new series and i personally feel like you guys have a good thing going, but what do u think people who attented the races for their first time will think? there is a saying your first impression could be your last. i really hope the series re-thinks their yellow flag rule the next time here, as ive posted on a different thread, adopt the Romco Rule 125 with the 1st 100 yellows, the only reason that works is cause by lap 100 the field gets thinned out and it usually provides for a long green run. OR just do a 75 lap all green.

If we start not counting yellows we had all better get a bigger fuel cell. LOL I know we had 5 yellows but it did seem like everybody lined up quickly. I could be wrong but I saw more "line up is good" signs than I saw line up corrections. We also had a red flag for the clean up crew on the back stretch. So what is the answer? Yellows don't count in the last 25 laps? I'm down with that.

I have seen other series come in for the first time (Romco and TAMS), they both had a lot of cautions there first night a CCMS. I am glad to say that on there trips back to the track, the racing was always better.

I guess my point is that first impressions of a traveling series, isn't always the right one. I'm sure when TSRS comes back to CCMS they will put on an even better show, no matter what the caution/green flag lap rule is.

Everyone keep in mind that we all want asphalt racing to really take off in Texas, so support all classes, tracks and series.

DIRT IS FOR FARMING AND ASPHALT IS FOR RACING.

Archived