should i keep it or sell it?

oldfigure8er

I WISH I HAD BACK ALL OF THE OLD MUSCLE CARS FROM YEARS GONE BY. I HAD A 1968 ROADRUNNER IN THE 70'S AND MARRIED THIS GIRL, FIRST THING SHE TOLD ME AFTER WE GOT MARRIED WAS WE HAD TO SELL THIS CAR BECAUSE I CAN'T DRIVE IT. LONG STORY SHORT I DID JUST THAT WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WERE MARRIED FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF TWO LONG YEARS. I WILL NEVER AGAIN GET RID OF SOMETHING UNLESS I WANT TO, IF YOU DO NOT NEED THE MONEY THEN KEEP IT AND HOPEFULLY SHE CAN UNDERSTAND JUST HOW IMPORTANT THIS PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY IS TO YOU. IF YOU DO DECIDE TO SELL MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO SOME RESEARCH ON WHAT TYPE OF COLLECTORS WOULD ENJOY SUCH A FIND. CONTACT DAYTONA MOTOR SPEEDWAY MUSEUM AND THEY MAY BE THE TICKET, THE MOTOR IS REALLY A GREAT PIECE OF NASCAR/MOTORSPORTS HISTORY. GOOD LUCK AND BE OF CAREFUL SCAMMERS

It has been months,let us know ! DID YOU SELL OR ARE YOU KEEPING IT ANOTHER 20 YEARS ? You cant keep us in suspense !

• 4 months later...

Awesome thread! I would love to have been around when that thing was protoed. I had the great pleasure of working with Bruce Crower when he prototyped his DOHC - we used a mitsu 2.6 head and plugged the head bolt holes, then bored new ones. A couple weeks later he brought back all the pieces (after doing his chopping etc) and we welded em back together then after a test fit sectioned them for the mold. San Diego PerfectoCast cast up four of the protos than we went to work placing the guides and seats and running the cam bores. etc.

The project faltered when the Indy Cars split and both new series ran specs on the engines. But it was fun even tho we never saw it on the dyno (or as far as I know the final was never fired).

List it in Hemmings and it will sell - or contact Barret Jackson.

Archived