(TSRS) Joke of a Race

Guest The_Greek

Guest The_Greek

just got home from CCMS after watching the most pathetic display of latemodel racing. after sitting in the stands for 4 hours till the TSRS race finally got underway, the announcer said this is a 75 lap race and the yellows count till lap 65, i was like you got to be kidding me!!! this is a 1/4 mile short track!!!! just as i expected the race was nothing but yellows, i would say there was a total of 20-25 green laps the entire race, 10 of those were cause it was mandatory last 10 under green, ill give the CCMS cleanup crew alot of credit they were pretty fast in cleaning up the wrecks, but their is no reason to sit there and let the cars ride around under yellow during cleanups, and then when the track is finally ready for racing, the officials are trying to put cars into their proper positioning. one time the cleanup and was done and the race was about to go green, a wrecker was trying to push the 11 car from the infield into the pits, well i dont know what happened but the wrecker had to stop, and then hitch up the 11 car meanwhile that delay costed about 8 more laps of racing. thats very fustrating, i will conclude by saying the little bit of green flag racing that there was.....was pretty interesting to say the least, but i will never attend another TSRS race under that yellow format. i wouldve been really pissed had if i had to travel from out of town to come see this!

my recommendation would be to make it 75-100 laps all green, let the fans get their money's worth and let the fastest car win!!! is that to much to ask??

What time did you get to the track? I thought the local classes went very fast. I thought it was around 10:00 when they finished. If it was 4 hrs you got there at 6:00 2 hrs before races started. Did I see my watch wrong? My battery does goes out from time to time.

Digger

Guest The_Greek

i got there about 6:00 for time trials and all, maybe a little earlier than most people, but thats me, the point of the thread was the all the yellow laps counting!! something has to be done about it. you cant promote a race on TV etc etc, only to have less than half of it ran under yellow, thats a rip off, make these guys race for it!

So what do Greeks know about racing anyway? Are you really saying that TSRS should write a new rule that says yellow laps don't count? I am not aware of any other series that currently uses this rule. In fact I have seen races end under yellow. Let's look at this from a different angle. This was the first time for the series at this track. The track seemed dark, but the infield was very well lit. Had they been adjusted for the monster truck event and not put back? A TSRS official wasn't driving the wrecker. The clean up crew was great at cleaning up the oil that was spread all the way down the backstretch. But there was still some on the track from the cars that had already run through it. There were allot flat tires and tires going down in the race. There were several new cars and new drivers there also. Maybe you could find a way to come see another TSRS race without us having to reinvent the wheel. We'll try to do better for you next time. I thought it was exciting, but then I'm biased.

If the race ended at 11:15 - 11:30, what time do you think you would get out of there if only green laps were counted. If I remember right, there were a couple of races last year that had to be cut short because of time (I think TAMS even had 1 or 2 races shortened because of time under the "all green "format).

This was the 1st race, I suggest seeing how things go 3 or 4 races into the season after everyone has time to settle down.

The Texas Pro Sedans are in their 29th consecutive 4 cylinder stock car racing year. Over 600 races have been run. Three races are scheduled in 2004 at C.C. Motor Speedway on - May 29, July 31 and September 4. As in the first 600 races, the three events at CCMS will follow a 29 year policy and not score yellows laps. It will be all green racing for the benefit of the spectators in the grandstand who we invite to come out and see the Texas Pro Sedans as they return to Corpus Christi for the first time in nine years.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Guest The_Greek

what do greeks know about racing? hmmm playing the racists card huh, for your info ive been attending racing for over 20 years, my family has been in racing for even longer, so to answer your question i have my opinions of racing as do you, i formed my opinion of the race, you can either agree with it or not makes no difference to me, but something should be done about that rule especially when they run here in corpus, my suggestion would be to either increase it to the same format like Romco 125 with the 1st 100 yellows count or heck i would be in favor of just 50 all GREEN.

Guest The_Greek

Neil if im not mistaken T.I.D.A never counted any yellows either, they ran 100 lap all green flag races and didnt incorporate that annoying muffler rule either but thats a whole different story. btw welcome back to CC, im more than sure the fans will be very receptive to your series.

i dont think svc was being racist just making a little joke, as he frequently does. i know it's hard to see all those yellows but it was the first time for the series at c.c.m.s. and if i recall most series that have visited there for the first time have done the same if not more wrecking. and also it was the first race of the season with a new scoring system so there are still bugs to be worked out there. but as a driver i do wish they could make it yellows count til the last 25 laps or so but thats just my opinion.

one time the cleanup and was done and the race was about to go green, a wrecker was trying to push the 11 car from the infield into the pits, well i dont know what happened but the wrecker had to stop, and then hitch up the 11 car meanwhile that delay costed about 8 more laps of racing. thats very fustrating

I do not know much about how the TSRS is run but as far as the wrecker pushing the 11 car off, I was sitting by the pit crew for the car and they told them not to push the car because it would have tore up the nose of the car they wanted it lifted and towed off. That is why the wrecker did not push it off.

I can understand after a night like that not wanting to do any more work then you have to on your car.

Hi Greek: You are right. The TIDA Late Model Series operated for 10 years and organized 134 races at nine different tracks. All of them, except for Texas World Speedway, were formated as green flag laps scoring only. Most all races were 100 laps.

The TIDA Pro Sedans (now known as Texas Pro Sedans) did the same scoring format on races that were 20 to 200 laps.

You are correct again. There was no muffler rule then. Thunder Hill Raceway has required a 96db maximum sound level for years to maintain a good neighbor relationship with nearby trailer park residents.

Texas Pro Sedans rules specify compliance when TPS is running at THR. That will be the rule when we open our 2004 season at THR, April 10. Most TPS teams usually remove their muffler when racing at all other tracks on which no db limit exists.

Thanks for the welcome back to CC. We'll see you on May 29. Look us up in the race control area of the press box.

For more TPS information, check out our web site at > http://www.TexasProSedans.com

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

Lets see...TSRS "Joke Of A Race"....Hmmm...The "Greek"....hmmm sounds like the making of a movie or a book. After reading what the "Greek" had to say about the Texas Super Racing Series I couldn't help but feel he has a personal problem with the series. Why else would someone go to such great lengths to run down a race that lasted 48 minutes and had the bleachers near full capacity....not to mention on their feet for the end of the race ! We all have our own opinion and I Will Voice Mine .....I saw a race that had some cautions yet provided excitement for the fans. Sure we would like every race to run with no cautions and have close finishes but that doesn't always happen. TSRS is a new series that has come a long ways in a short time. I am not going to bash other series because they had a lot of yellow laps. That will happen sometimes and it is unfortunate for everyone. I support this series, my local track(THR) and Racing . TSRS "Joke Of A Race" fiction by the "Greek" we can all do without this needless bashing !

The more I think about this "Joke Of A Race" the more I think that The Greek is a bleacher racer..."I have been attending racing for over 20 years" .....who cares . Most of my friends and family have attended races, sponsored race cars and RACED CARS (not bleachers) since the 60's. I would bet money that the Greek has never taken lap in a race car ! If you don't have nothing nice to say you shouldn't say nothing ! Expecially if you haven't ever raced ! Try supporting Texas Auto Racing ...you guys out there that race know things don't always go your way but it is the love of the sport that keeps you going !

fast18,

Just because a person has not actually raced does not mean he/she doesn't have a valid point of view. If a spectator has a suggestion or comment, they have just as much right to express themselves as those of us who have been directly involved for years (in my case centuries.. LOL).

You might invite Greek to join you in the pits for the next CCMS TSRS event. It's amazing what can happen to their perspective when fans find themselves involved in the excitement from the other side of the pit gate. Just a thought.

Nick Holt

Guest The_Greek

this will be my last post on this matter, and let me clarify something, i have nothing personal against TSRS or any other touring series, or any other track for that matter, let me say this again...counting yellow laps (65 of a 75 lap race) on a tight 1/4 track with over 20 cars is ridiculous, thats my opinion and once again if u agree or dont agree makes no difference to me. thats my opinion and lastly its wise to listen to what racefans are saying afterall without them there wont be any racing.

Well Greek, sorry if you felt that was racist. It certainly wasn't meant to be an offense to your heritage. I felt like your opinion was offensive Quote:(the most pathetic display of latemodel racing) That is a pretty bold statement, but you are entitled to your opinion. It would be unrealistic to think you would not get some differing opinions on this board. The TSRS staff always tries to put the best show possible on the track. It would seem that they have done a pretty good job of it considering the car counts and audience that it attracts. Perhaps a rule change concerning yellows is in order. Just a side note for you. If you truly want your opinion to make a difference, try and make it less offensive. Just my opinion, sorry again if you were offended by my remark. Feeble attempt at humor on 3 hours of sleep.

Although not being there, one of my observations is the last time I watched one of their races they are letting cars pass before the flag stand coming off turn 4 with people passing in the grass and such. Boy this will really reduce the car count and make for lots of yellows. Maybe they fixed it this year. Just a past observation. TAMS and SAS do this any you very seldom see first lap crashes anymore. Like they always say can't win on the first lap!

Nick, you are absolutely right... everyone has a right to his or her opinion but they should not stray far from the facts or become offensive with their opinion ! I know the Texas Super Racing Series is working hard on being a great series for the fans and drivers alike. This was the first time on a 1/4 mile track. There may be changes in the future involving the counting of yellow laps....I am not involved in decision making for the series but I know they are constantly working on improvements.

I believe that SVCMNGR!'s last comment says it all and better than most could say it. As long as I'm dropping my 2 cents worth: I've been a casual race fan for over 30 years. I watched Mark Martin drive 56 fords when he was a teenager and I saw Steve Kinser win at Houston in 83, I used to sit in Don Schoenfelds car in the pits when he was visiting with my dad years before he started selling headers and still lived in Ft Smith Arkansas and a lot of racing in between. What I do know is that I've never seen a regional traveling series take off like TSRS has and I think that the potential it has is unlimited. I wish them all the luck in the world.

I am not too sure if anyone has mentioned this yet or not.

I have to get back to work so I figured I would point this out.

I liked that

ROMCO red flagged the race several times Sat to give more Green flag running time.

I know it is very hard on the cars to do that , but It sure makes the race more fun to watch.

Maybe that is something TSRS should concider doing more often.

Just my 2 cents.

On the outside it would appear to be that, Rookie49. But if you dig a little deeper you find some things that aren't so peachy.

Jason,

What makes you say a statement like this? Your original opinions about the caution laps and restarts are good feedback. However, responding to a person that has positive things to say about TSRS, the way that you have, makes it look like you really just have something against the series all together, or that your just 'generally bashing' the series.

I think most of the drivers, officials, and fans did not like the number of caution laps run in the race. And, maybe the race should be more laps or not count cautions for a greater portion of the race the next time we run Corpus. However, we were surprised there weren't more cautions. I believe there were 7 or 8 rookies running for the first time, and only a few of the TSRS regulars had ever run on a 1/4 mile track before. The lighting on the track wasn't very good either. Several drivers commented, how it was hard to find their lanes on the track. The lights may have still pointed toward the infield, from the Monster Truck Show.

I honestly believe everyone in the series is trying to put on the best show possible and they're working hard to grow late model racing in the 'whole' state of Texas. The increase in the car count proves that it's working. So why are you not more supportive for this too?

Kudos - C.C. track promotor 'Owen' did a wonderful job advertising and making the teams feel welcome. Nice job. The new announcer 'Pat' did a good job too! You'll get the names better over time. I know Hudak and Gural are not the easiest names to pronounce.

TGural,

Anyone who's been around TSZ very long knows that young Mr. Jason is an avid race fan with strong opinions on a wide variety of subjects. As we all know, many of his posts have either a negative or ironic twist to them.

It's obvious that he was disappointed in the TSRS CCMS event as were several other people posting here. But I really don't think he is just picking on TSRS just to pick on someone, but rather that he thinks some things within TSRS need fixing. Just like he's pointed out things in ROMCO, SAS, THR, TAMS, TPS, my checkbook, etc, that he feels need fixing.

On the other hand, it is perfectly understandable that you would want to defend TSRS since you are one of the teams that compete with the series, so I'm not bashing you or Jason. Just tying to keep the peace.

Nick Holt

Archived