Grand Stock Class Cancelled?

shorttrack29

According to the schedule for tonight that was posted on the THR website, the new Grand Stock class was supposed to race tonight. Did they not get enough cars to be able to run after all? I was considering building a beater for the class, since it'd be only about $1000 car, but if there's not a bunch of bombers out there, what fun would it be?? Any info would be appreciated, so I'll know what to do with the LTD sitting in my yard!

shorttrack29,

The Grand class ran immediately after the ROMCO feature. Three of the almost totally stock cars took the green and all three finished. At one point they were racing 3 wide. One of the cars - the Monte Carlo I think - brushed the front straight wall twice and has two nice looking "Darlington stripes." You should have seen the grins on the drivers afterwards. By the way, the THR flagman, Randy Hubbard, drove the yellow car to a last place finish.....

Nick Holt

DARN! I wish I had stayed and seen it. I was busy trying to jump my truck's dead battery........ How many cars does this class need to be able to run, and will it always be a bonus at the end of the night, or was that just because of the ROMCO/Dwarf cars being here? The street stocks once again proved to put on the best show, although I think the 96 and 8 could've put quite a show on with Colt if they had been running at the end. Overall it was a good start to the season.

FROM WHAT I SAW THEY ALL STILL HAD FACTORY GLASS INTHE CAR - THAT SHOULD BE A MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE (CHANGE). THOSE DARLINGTON STRIPES COULD HAVE RESULTED IN TO GLASS IN THE STANDS . FOR THAT REASON THEY CAN'T RUN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE NIGHT, ONE WINDOW WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO CLEAN UP AND PROBABLY BE THE FACTOR OFF MANY MORE ISSUES (FLATS) ALL NIGHT LONG.

crazyhorse, i have seenrace cars run the factory glass for about five years at the same track it washingtom state and they never had a problume with the glass on the track or in the stands . to top it off the class that run the factory glass was a full contact class .

IT would only make sense to rum the class at the beginning of the night. Im sure that by the end on of the night, not many people want to stick around for the Grand stock race... And about the tire issue. well. there would be no flats if the clean-up guys knew how to sweep. Plain and simple.

LAST TIME I CHECKED DEMO DERBY WAS A FULL CONTACT CLASS ,@THEY HAVE TO REMOVE THE GLASS..

well the last time i read the rules for the washinton demo derby ass , rules they used ths stock glass in their car because they race just like the streetsock ,bombers on asphalt and rcae full contact ,after they run the heat racves they do the demo derby

Crazy Horse, I know you have seen a lot of wrecked cars....windshields break but rarely come out. THR's cruiser stock class had them and the old bomber and charger stocks at LHS had them. It is cheaper to leave the original glass than to replace it with lexan (all the better for a claimer class). THR is always concerned with safety first. Hey and the stock windshield is easier to clean than lexan ! I have always been in favor of inexpensive classes....I am sure this will be a very exciting class to watch after it grows a little.

Archived