Looking for Chili Bowl Information

PAPosse

Have any of you ever attended the Chili Bowl Midget race in Tulsa? I've never been and would like to take my dad up there if not next year, the year after that.

I looked on the website and it's a little hard to tell how the seating is. It looks like if you are too high in the straightaway stands you end up with beams obstructing your view. They give you 3 choices, and you can select the section, and low, medium, or high.

Any tips??

Have any of you ever attended the Chili Bowl Midget race in Tulsa? I've never been and would like to take my dad up there if not next year, the year after that.

I looked on the website and it's a little hard to tell how the seating is. It looks like if you are too high in the straightaway stands you end up with beams obstructing your view. They give you 3 choices, and you can select the section, and low, medium, or high.

Any tips??

I've been there once, I don't think you'll have any trouble seeing all the racing. The front straight is great, but then again so is turn 3-4. If you like midgets, just go, it'll be a blast.!

I've been a couple of times. I sat in turn 4. Any seat in turns 3 & 4 will be great for viewing. I recommend going early in the day, before the midget racing starts, and walk through the pits and watch some of the quarter midget racing in the other buildings. Buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale or you will be out of luck. Take some of those paper masks. It can get dusty inside the building towards the end of the A main.

I've been a couple of times. I sat in turn 4. Any seat in turns 3 & 4 will be great for viewing. I recommend going early in the day, before the midget racing starts, and walk through the pits and watch some of the quarter midget racing in the other buildings. Buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale or you will be out of luck. Take some of those paper masks. It can get dusty inside the building towards the end of the A main.

Thanks! I didn't realize they had quarter midgets running too. I expect tickets to go fast, if they haven't already gone. I plan on calling today and getting the scoop. That's why I'm looking at 2011 as a possibility as well - we really just got to talking about it this weekend. It's not that far from San Antonio and this might be my one and only opportunity to live this close.

Edited by PAPosse

GETTING TICKETS TO THE CHILI BOWL IS VERY TOUGH BECAUSE THEY GIVE FIRST CHOICE TO THE PREVIOUS YEARS TICKET HOLDERS THEN ALL THE LEFT OVER TICKETS ACTUALLY GO UP FOR SALE PREVIOUS HOLDERS ORDERED THEIR TICKETS BACK IN LATE APRIL EARLY MAY BUT GOOD LUCK