Grand Marshal for THR Opening Night

Release: March 23, 2004

KVET’s Hogan Named Thunder Hill Grand Marshal for Season Opener

Kyle -- Erin Hogan, co-host of KVET-AM 1300’s morning show “The Buck on Sports” with Bucky Godbolt, will be the first Grand Marshall of 2004 at Thunder Hill Raceway here. The season opening races, Saturday, March 27, will feature the ROMCO "Texas Tornado Tour" along with the A-Line Auto Parts Street Stocks and the Capital City Trade and Technical School Hobby Stocks. Dwarf Cars and the new Thunder Hill Grand Stocks will round out the program.

“Erin is one of many KVET-AM personalities who are all becoming more aware of the growth of racing,” said Thunder Hill marketing director and announcer Chuck Licata. “He and Bucky Godbolt have had people from the racing world, including me, on their highly-rated show to talk about auto racing. Since Erin and his family live in Kyle, the city will be represented by one of its own on opening night. Thunder Hill appreciates the support we receive from the Kyle community, and we’re happy to honor one of its residents.”

“I’m honored to be Grand Marshal at Thunder Hill,” Hogan stated. “Auto racing is growing rapidly and I’m happy to be involved in racing at the local level. When we talked auto racing on our show in the past, some listeners turned their radios off. But the growth of NASCAR means we can talk about auto racing and get positive reaction from our listeners. Racing is becoming popular at many levels and I’m looking forward to meeting local race fans on Saturday night.”

Hogan will be introduced to the crowd during the opening ceremonies, then throw the green flag for the first race. Born in Ohio, Hogan promotes the Plum Creek community and golf course on the radio and came to Austin to attend St. Edward’s University, where he earned his degree in media communications.

Thunder Hill, the fastest 3/8-mile asphalt oval in Central Texas, has seen renovations to the track, grandstands and parking lot this off-season. Gates open Saturday at 5:30 pm, with races beginning at 7:30.

###

Archived