Feature winner Jeff Turner dqd

econoLM15

Jeff Turner in the #44 IMCA Sport Modified led the feature start to finish only to be disqualified after the race for failing tech inspection. This is track technician Richard Harvey's explanation of the infraction.

<The lower spring cups were not centered over the housing. They were located with the back of the spring in the center of the housing with the rest of the spring in front of the housing. The rule reads "lower spring cup must be centered on the housing", IMCA was called to verify that it was an infraction of the rules, Brett Root was the one that I spoke with when I could not reach Tom, Tom did return my call later in the night and he also so verified it as well.>

econo

looks like Kieth Whites lead just increased....rut-row!

I didn't realize they were that close in the National points going into last week end.

That was tough blow to Jeff, hate to see anyone get dqd like that but if its a rule,its a rule.

He left 85 after getting dqd and made it over to Thunderbird Speedway in time to start

the feature there.

econo

I didn't realize they were that close in the National points going into last week end.

That was tough blow to Jeff, hate to see anyone get dqd like that but if its a rule,its a rule.

He left 85 after getting dqd and made it over to Thunderbird Speedway in time to start

the feature there.

econo

im sure he changed the rearend before racing....lol

the feature there.

econo

im sure he changed the rearend before racing....lol

Tbird is another of the tracks in this area not flying the IMCA banner so I guess the car is legal over there.

I was pretty surprised to see him at T-Bird that night, the first I saw of him was when he was passing me and like a dummy instead of just driving my car and paying attention to what I was doing I spent about a half a lap watching him pass me and cheering him on until he was a couple car legnths ahead of me!

I know it may sound goofy to some people, but it was pretty cool feeling to me to realize I was out on the track with yet another one of the drivers I've been wanting to race against.... heck, I'm looking forward to the day that I get good enough to race with all the other drivers out there instead of getting passed by them.

:lol:

Archived