Northside Ford Supports Round of South Texas Mods

Northside Ford Supports Fourth Round of "South Texas Modified Championship" at I-37 Raceway; All Top-Five Drivers Expected

Pleasanton – Northside Ford in San Antonio will be out in strength at I-37 Raceway on Friday night in support of the fourth round of the South Texas Modified Championship series. They'll be bringing a pile of merchandise for giveaways and plan to have at least one new Ford on display in the grandstand area.

Luckily, the weather forecast is for a mild drop in temperatures, down to, oh, maybe 100 degrees or so. That, coupled with the nearly constant breeze that blows across the grandstands at I-37 Raceway makes for comfortable race nights, particularly after the sun goes down.

Expected drivers include the top five points leaders. Up front is "Downtown" Danny Brown with Dale Flanagan in second. Steve Whiteaker, Jr. is third, followed by Jesse Manning and Josh Majek. All are from Corpus Christi except Manning, who races out of Brazoria.

That cool breeze should be blowing making it very pleasant after sundown, a good night for those who have been avoiding the heat to come out and catch up on the action. The gates will open at 4:00 pm with hot laps at 8:00 pm and racing starting at 8:30 pm.