Back Pack/School Supplies

Attention All Racers and Sponsors,

Last Minute Racing is sponsoring a back pack with school supplies give away on August 22, 2009 @ Shady Oaks Speedway during intermission. We are in need of donations of back packs, school supplies. You may drop off any donations at Shady Oaks on race days between next weekend till Aug 22 to the LMR race trailers (21, 175, 81, 76, 15, 47, 888, 11, 37, 174) or Mickey's Auto Repair on Duncan St. in Victoria. You may also donate money and we will do the shopping for you. The donating racer or business will be noted on a card and attached to the back pack. The children that enter the general or pit gates will receive a ticket, at intermission a ticket will be drawn for each back pack we have, and the donating racer or business will be acknowledged when that back pack is given away. So far we have collected about 20 back pack and alot of school supplies. All Donations will be deeply appreciated. If you have any questions or would like to drop off donations during the week you may contact Connie Lindsey @ 361-649-0278. I am adding a couple of other numbers, Sherri Helms 361-648-5519 and you can call Mickey's Auto Repair between 8am-5pm @ 361-572-4492.

Edited by TeamMom

• 2 weeks later...

As of todays date LMR has 27 back packs full of school supplies, and a lot of ex school supplies, and my plans r to have 15 more back packs for a total of 42 by this after noon.

Thanks to Warrior Supply Inc , The Hubbard family, Mickey's Auto Repair, Mickey's Wrecker Sevices ( drivers ) Constant Vinyl Graphics. And thanks to Makayla for giving up 1/2 her room to put all these supplies and not eating the colors.

I'll be bringing as many as we can for the kids.

Thank you Johnny, and I'm sure the kids do too. enjoyed last night and we will seeya at Shady Oaks in a week. ...and ask Rusty to bring some too....lol

As of todays date LMR has 27 back packs full of school supplies, and a lot of ex school supplies, and my plans r to have 15 more back packs for a total of 42 by this after noon.

Thanks to Warrior Supply Inc , The Hubbard family, Mickey's Auto Repair, Mickey's Wrecker Sevices ( drivers ) Constant Vinyl Graphics. And thanks to Makayla for giving up 1/2 her room to put all these supplies and not eating the colors.

Also State Farm and Pat Pachta insurance have added to our cause. thank you from LMR

I need to give out as many as I can so I can build a fan base of kids. LOL

Very good point, getting kids involved in something positive is a great way to steer them in the right direction. Its way too easy for them to fall in with the wrong crowd and do the wrong things. Besides if they have a dirt car then they dont have time to go mess up because they will spend all their time straightening the car up for next week..... especially when someone punts them..... :rolleyes::lol::P Its an inside joke....nick

Edited by LMR21

Well I always said, catch the kids interest and the parents will follow. More people in teh stands for the track and then the track can up the purses. :)

And sorry again for that punt. I guess you couldnt hear me yell SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! when you spun. I hope the car is never that free again. It couldnt have been any worse if the track was iced over.

Well I always said, catch the kids interest and the parents will follow. More people in teh stands for the track and then the track can up the purses. :)

And sorry again for that punt. I guess you couldnt hear me yell SORRY!!!!!!!!!!! when you spun. I hope the car is never that free again. It couldnt have been any worse if the track was iced over.

Oh, its just racing, it didn't take out any tires or wheels. I know you don't drive like that. I'm just glad you came and raced.

Oh, its just racing, it didn't take out any tires or wheels. I know you don't drive like that. I'm just glad you came and raced.

Victor the PUNTED FOOTBALL Lindsey? :lol: That was a pretty good race guys. I look forward to seeing you guys do it again at SOS.........(The Racing that is) ;)

Edited by SOS 175

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I know the main topic out there is Jim, but we also have a school supply donation give away coming up the next race. This function meant alot to Jim as well. Jim is very much for the kids and I'm sure he would not want this to put aside because of him.