A few housekeeping items...

Today I removed a couple of threads in the NasKart forum.

Let me try to explain why.

We have invested a great deal of money, time and energy in growing Lone Star Speedzone into the site it is today and a decision was made about eight months ago to actively seek business advertisers (not tracks and sanctioning bodies) to help cover some of the operating expenses.

With several million total hits a month, 4,400 registered members (all with verified email addresses at the time of registration), between 40,000 and 60,000 visitors a month and a new, attractive front page with video, audio, social networking tools and interactive blogging capabilities, we are well aware that anyone wanting to reach the Texas stock car racing community will find advertising on Lone Star Speedzone effective.

Of course, one of the prime prospects for obtaining advertising revenue are those businesses that already sell their products and services to the stock car racing community. We have had several such businesses that use the forum areas to do just that - for a very reasonable fee. But if I were to allow certain racing-related businesses - no matter how well-intentioned - to advertise their products and services for free, I would have to allow all racing-related business the same opportunity.

I am not going to get into specifics here, but now I hope you understand why the forum moderator removed and/or edited certain posts and why I cannot allow a business - no matter how well-intentioned - to advertise without and advertising agreement in place.

I appreciate your understanding.

Nick Holt, Admin

Lone Star Speedzone

Atta boy Nick. Now I know why yu have that gray hair. Pretty tough to keep up with all this going on since there is lots of posting going on. All that plus running around the state covering different tracks plus the video interviews kind of makes you wish you had taken up sports fishing, right? But hang in there Nick, you're doing a great job. And this coming from one of your agitators. Dano :D

Archived