Modifieds

Modified drivers and teams, I dont see any reason why we cant have the 12 cars that ran at THR this past weekend run in Houston this coming weekend. We as a whole have got to keep supporting these tracks weekend and weekout or we wont have a place to race come next season. Lets get a list started for this coming weekend at HMP.

Whos coming?

Well heres who I figure will be there as of today:

#5 Brent Seeley

#42 Justin Long

#28 Hannah Baker

#007 Denny Burton

#04 Brad Hudak

#9 Brett "the jet" Boyd

#57 Mason Mitchell

#8 Jime Nides

#82 Pat Kinsey

#13 ??

#9r Art Gunzelman

#33 Jason Morman

#11 Kalif Sellier

What about

#26 Bob Slezinsky

#88 Larry Hughes

#7 Tuffy Hudson

#21 Tryan Stutes

#41 Chris Davidson

#6 Mike Blood

#3 Mike Williams

Thats 13 cars for sure put potential for 20 cars.

Edited by UMSCHEIDRaceServices

How about the 42L?

I had to pull the engine it got way hot last time we ran it. It's going to Jeff Hamner racing engines in Alabama. Otherwise it would be there! But even without that car we should have one of the best car counts we have had in a while. Should be a good one in all classes.

JC

Well Jc if you want car count give me a car to drive and ill buy the tires, I mean i am already running pro late this weekend in Houston so it would be fun to drive a modified and win that too lol. Jc u know who i am i am the drive that some how lost a race last weekend!

Seriously, don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. :lol:

Edited by termite#99

When did Hamner become certifed by GM to do crate motors don't see his name on the list LOL.Got to love crate motors

Supertx do you think before you speak or do you just try and stir S*** Up? Have you read any of the Pro Mod rules? If you have youd see that you have 3 options for engines. Crate, 2bbl, and an open option. We happen to have an Open motor and a crate motor. But im glad you follow URS and the Pro Mods enough to feel the need to stick your nose in our business and try and stir the pot a bit. Have a wonderful day SIR.

J.C Umscheid

How about the 42L?

I had to pull the engine it got way hot last time we ran it. It's going to Jeff Hamner racing engines in Alabama. Otherwise it would be there! But even without that car we should have one of the best car counts we have had in a while. Should be a good one in all classes.

JC

iwas wondering the samething now you know why poeple arnt running as much anymore.

Exspensive shock packages, Quick change rearends got rid of the South Texas boys. AHHHH we missTAMS

Quick Change rearends? Most of the cars running now still have 9" gears in them. Have you been to a Mod race lately?

Not sure that the quick change is that much of a benefit. More gear selection but robs more power. Kind of a break even point. The motor-weight rule is what is limiting the series. But I didnt make the rules.

Not sure that the quick change is that much of a benefit. More gear selection but robs more power. Kind of a break even point. The motor-weight rule is what is limiting the series. But I didnt make the rules.

I don't know about that the 33 has been fast lately with an open engine.

Edited by whayskwhy

Yep, it sure is. Just think how much closer the racing would be if the rules evened out the field. H.E's car runs an open motor and is pretty quick too. I think Heil had an open motor until recently. But for the most part the "crate" (I use that term loosely) engine has dominated the mod races at both THR and HMP, as they should. The rules are definately in favor of them. Before you crate guys start trying to slam me, Im not against the crate engines. Just think the rules should be looked at over the winter and maybe some adjustments made so the other two engine catagories are more equal. Better racin for all.