Racing on friday nights

For the traveling series, Friday night racing just doesn't work. There is several truck guys that come from out of town. Friday night racing makes it hard for those guys to race because they have to work on Fridays and they live 2 to 3 hours away. Most of the guys were having to leave work early to get to the races.

friday nights was alot better ! the car count was excellent . we didnt have traveling series back when we ran on friday nights, special events were run on some saturdays , but local classes didnt run . run on friday and you have the rest of the weekend to do other things . car count was better back then on friday night . red river changed to saturday night to try and run the local dirt track out of business . i know this for a fact . that was the wrong reason to switch to saturday . no more than the traveling series come to town , just run saturdays when they are coming . saturday nights messed up your whole weekend . 4 cars in each class is not racing and the fans want to see a race for their money . their are several sponsors who want to get involved in red river speedway but ............................. their is always a butt in everything , they want a car count and rules inforced , not by drivers putting up money but by the track taking responsibility . a race track shoud not have drivers going against each other about putting up money to have each other teched , its the tracks job . man up red river !!!!

Anythoughts on racing on friday nights again?
YES,YES,YES,YES..... Did I mention my vote was yes? :lol: I agree with David and most of the other folks I have spoken with agree 110% If it were on fridays again I would be able to run about 95% of the races provided the car holds up. I have been honest with the track folks and told them at the begining of the season that I wouldn't be running a points chase if we stayed on Saturdays. I have family obligations as do most folks even if they are die hard racers. I wish we could convince managment to try it out even though it may be to late in the season to try and salvage whats been lost thus far. I think that we are spinnning our wheels"no punn intended" if we don't confront the track owners/managment with our cocerns. Sure they have all heard some bitching and moaning from time to time but for the most part I think everyone is ready for some change and get the racing back to RRS that we were all used to in the past which was great car counts and lots of fans watching. Along those same lines I think maybe a reduction in pit pass prices for non drivers and crew members would certainly increase the amount of folks in the pits. JMO.

Anythoughts on racing on friday nights again?

david agree 200% man were you last week, agree it is the track and the tech man job, not the drivers,it puts hard ship on the drivers,[edited out by Nick Holt, 7/9/09] we all should be able to run and have agood time david you should be our pr guy i know you post race winner on here weekly [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/9/09] :lol::lol::lol: thank for what you do on let us know on speedzone :rolleyes:

we have 2 thunders here in altus that should be out there in 2 weeks from altus, that Hank and Buddy Morgan has helped out with getting there, but running on friday night will be hard for us cuz of work. We have been coming there 2 redriver alot here lately 2 watch the races i have seen the car counts up and down but if everyone can get there cars there u guys have great car counts! You guys have one of the nicest places 2 race at. With the tech problems ur going to get that at ANY TRACK U RUN!!!! We have been running dirt at Elk City and they have the same problems and u always hear the same about okc and lawton. Its hard 2 build a car when rules change every ten minutes though lol... Racing is suppose 2b fun not full of drama everytime u go 2 the track that what ruins car counts but thats jmo. We look forward 2 racing with u guys very soon.

we have 2 thunders here in altus that should be out there in 2 weeks from altus, that Hank and Buddy Morgan has helped out with getting there, but running on friday night will be hard for us cuz of work. We have been coming there 2 redriver alot here lately 2 watch the races i have seen the car counts up and down but if everyone can get there cars there u guys have great car counts! You guys have one of the nicest places 2 race at. With the tech problems ur going to get that at ANY TRACK U RUN!!!! We have been running dirt at Elk City and they have the same problems and u always hear the same about okc and lawton. Its hard 2 build a car when rules change every ten minutes though lol... Racing is suppose 2b fun not full of drama everytime u go 2 the track that what ruins car counts but thats jmo. We look forward 2 racing with u guys very soon.

John... who is the other thunder going down with you?

Jeff

red river changed to saturday night to try and run the local dirt track out of business . i know this for a fact

Thanks David I Knew it all alone. JK We at the Dirt Track Hope ya get everything Work out SOON. We are have a Great Season on Friday Night.

and good luck to Red River

Robert Isaacs

I LIKED FRIDAYS BETTER ALSO I KNOW THE PEOPLE OUT OF TOWN WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME TO GET IN FOR THE RACES BUT RED RIVER IS COMPETING WITH EVERY TRACK IN TEXAS AND OKLAHOMA RUNNING ON SATURDAY. IF WE MOVE TO FRIDAYS IT IS GOING TO TAKE A FEW WEEKS OR EVEN A FEW MONTHS FOR EVERYONE TO GET BACK ON TRACK. I THINK WE WOULD GET MORE FANS BECAUS UR NOT COMPETING WITH FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, ANY OTHER SCHOOL SPORTS, AND THE DRAGS. I HAVE SPOKE WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE THIS PAST WEEK ABOUT THINGS WE CAN DO TO MAKE OUR TRACK BETTER AND ALMOST EVERYONE LIKES FRIDAY NIGHTS BETTER BUT THAT IS SOMTHING WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT AT THE TRACK WITH ALL THE DRIVERS AND FANS .

I don't have a dog in this fight but I did have a queastion. Wasn't Red River and Altus running on different nights before? And how many ran both tracks on a weekend? Just seems with similar rules and different nights that car counts could be up.

I always liked running on fridays better. It gave me a good excuse to leave work early :lol: Then we ran the 2 day shows(memorial day, labor day, etc) with the local classes on fri and sat and the traveling classes ran all their races on sat with our features.

I always liked running on fridays better. It gave me a good excuse to leave work early :lol: Then we ran the 2 day shows(memorial day, labor day, etc) with the local classes on fri and sat and the traveling classes ran all their races on sat with our features.
CAN I GET AN AMEN????????? ;)

I don't have a dog in this fight but I did have a queastion. Wasn't Red River and Altus running on different nights before? And how many ran both tracks on a weekend? Just seems with similar rules and different nights that car counts could be up.
BINGO!!!!!

YA THEY BOTH HAD THE SAME RULES FOR THE BIG CLASSES AND THEY ALSO BOTH HAD A VERY GOOD CAR COUNTS. THEY MAYBE HAD 15 CARS IN EVERY CLASS. :( THEY MAYBE HAD 5 OR 6 CARS THAT WOULD MAKE SOME OF THE BIG RACES.

altus wont let some of our chargers run , they dont match the rules , and i have talked with the charger drivers in altus and they wont run up here because of some of our charger cars . even though the charger rules are the same at both tracks , altus track stuck to their rules and red river didnt , because of trying to get a car count !

all the rules that change over the years ran off most drivers. Lost the trust in drivers that had cars or anyone that wants to build a new one ever again. Yea we had 15 to 18 cars a night and it was kool get to race on Fridays in Wichita and Altus on Saturdays. We didnt do it every weekend but when i didnt race we help someone out to make it. You can all sit here and wish thing are better but before it gets better for both tracks. The tracks need to get together and fine a agreement on rules to get cars back to the track before changing nights.

Thats my 2 cents!!! Good Luck John down there good little track.

Those where the good ol days danny lol. back when u won a feature u felt like u actually did something lol. You win a feature these days and its still pretty nice but with the car counts it seems like u won a heat race lol. Atleast the guys at redriver are trying 2 make racing better there and get some cars coming there again thats one of the reasons we have desided to go back 2 asphalt and leave dirt... thatnks danny we hope we do good there also lol. u need to build one and come out of retirement and come play you always did good there back in the day lol.

All this bashing started with a guy that doesnt even run at red river anymore. Talking about the teching when he hasnt been there in a couple months. He was one of the fastest chargers out there and now that everyone has gotten money saved up and is able to buy the right equipment to get faster its the tech mans fault! They have dq plenty of cars. Red River is doing evrything they can to get car count. The LOWERED the pit fee, paying full purse when we dont have a lot of cars and plenty of other things. The decided to run on saturdays because like mark said its for our traveling series'. We had a decent car count this weekend, but the guy that started this whole thing wasnt there. I dont see why were bashing our local track when there doing all they can to give everyone a place to race.!!!

These are the same conversations we were having a few years ago, back when we ran on Friday's and everyone said if they ran on Saturdays they would get more racers. Long story short, your never going to make everyone happy. As for combining classes, I don't see the problem of combining classes as long as the cars are similar and competitive towards each other. This needs to be done on a Thurday practice if it were to be done. The trucks are going to Houston this weekend to race with the Pro Trucks. On paper if appears we are the superior truck, but we are traveling for start money only to compare lap times. This is an example of classes trying to run together. We as racers have to take responsibility for the car counts. Several years ago I quit because I didn't like the management and then the track shut down. Hell I would have raced for free after I realized the track shut down and I had no where to race. If we aren't supportive of are race tracks, where are you going race it the tracks shut down.

thatnks danny we hope we do good there also lol. u need to build one and come out of retirement and come play you always did good there back in the day lol.

HaHa John it was a thought at one time. Now i got my own business going i dont have the time like i use too. Growing up in Wichita and remembering when the track reopen seeing how RRS ran in the old days. i miss those old days when i ran there. It will take time to build it back up. Hank and them guys are trying to get it back as it once was. Everything is a work of process. John if you need anything just call. Since we sold the truck all we been doing is working.

BTW i hope you still got that MSD dis. for me. !!!!

SOUNDS LIKE FRIDAYS AR A NO GO. BUT WE AR GOING TO JOIN THE SUPERS AND THUNDERS FOR SURE, WE JUST NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT WE NEED TO ADD TO THE SUPERS. WE DIDNT GET MUCH TALK OUT OF OUR MEETING WE HAD FOR THE MERGEING OF THE CLASSES BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HAVING 2 GRAND IN THERE BOTTEM END WOW!!!!!!! :o . JUST ADDING 300LBS TO THE SUPERS AND NO CHANGES ON THE THUNDERS IS WHAT THE OWERS SAID BUT IT NOT SET IN STONE.

SOUNDS LIKE FRIDAYS AR A NO GO. BUT WE AR GOING TO JOIN THE SUPERS AND THUNDERS FOR SURE, WE JUST NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT WE NEED TO ADD TO THE SUPERS. WE DIDNT GET MUCH TALK OUT OF OUR MEETING WE HAD FOR THE MERGEING OF THE CLASSES BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HAVING 2 GRAND IN THERE BOTTEM END WOW!!!!!!! :o . JUST ADDING 300LBS TO THE SUPERS AND NO CHANGES ON THE THUNDERS IS WHAT THE OWERS SAID BUT IT NOT SET IN STONE.
WOW!!!! :lol:

Archived