Thanks to Shady Oaks

Just wanted to thank Jim and all that work at the track. Now I have 2 dirt races under my belt and it was my first race at SOS. The track was not what I expected. Went dry slick like Edna and I was setting up for a wetter tacky track " I guess thats what you call it " but I think we are getting a bit better at the setup of these cars.

If I had to make 1 suggestion for an improvement at your track. I can think of 1 tree stump leaving the tech area that needs to leave. :( My pan looks pretty bad right now. But other than that the night went pretty good.

We'll get a new pan on it and I'll be back in 2 weeks to race again.

#27 Limited

Johnny L.

Dude,

Are you sure you have never ran dirt before, cuz it sure looks like you have...lol By the way sorry about the left rear quarter, I hit the brakes and it kept going, and going, until my tire was flat...lol You did great hope to see ya again soon.

Victor

Well it was my 2nd race so I guess I'm not a newbie at it any longer. I have a lot of asphalt experience and have been told that I have a natural ability to drive the wheels off just about anything. And this gets me in trouble sometimes and I push too hard which results in an ill handeling car. I was REALLY shocked to keep up with those 2 guys at the start. The car was working well right until the little spin where you and Andy got me. I was then surprised when I passed you guys on 1 corner. I thought I was going to screw up and wreck someone, namely you since you were on my outside. And once I did get by you, I figured you both were having issues with the cars. I might have been top 5 without the spin out. Never know I guess.

Oh. I saw the picture where you RAMMED me. Just kidding. That quarter was meesed up in the heat race already and I think I felt you rub me a little but with all the moving these cars do on the dirt I wasnt sure and it didnt feel like much. So no problems. It's all racing. I dont mind rubs and pushing a little. I do mind getting rammed and spun or crashed because of someone. That cost me money to fix.

I wont be racing this next weekend. I have to be at the firestation pulling a shift for the 4th. So I'll be seeing everyone in 2 weeks back at SOS. Hopefully with a little better setup that doesnt go away this time.

Archived