tryin to find people that raced with billy devine at RGS back in the d

he passed away a while back and honestly , he had some bad habits. but he was a hell of a racer and won all the time. he's the reason ive always wanted to race and the reason behind my #77. i grew up in the pits down there as a youngster and have alot of great memories, but would love to hear from people that knew him. like i said i was real young and would love to hear about him from his fellow racers point of view.

I watched him tie it on with alot of the corpus drivers that came down. My brother has alot of favorite drivers and Billy was one of them. We went on occassion down to RGS and raced hobby stocks but we never missed watching the big dogs and he was definetely one of them. Sorry to hear he is gone but he sure was fun to watch.

Yup, Billy was a thrill to watch in the old days, I remember, AGES ago, when Glen Taylor came down with his bad to the bone super stock, and he and Billy were running 1-2. Something locked up in Glens car and Billy ended up driving his car almost halfway thru Glens! He was a great guy. I worked with Jim Devine over at Boggus for many years, and knew Mike, Billy, Debbie and so on.

I watched him tie it on with alot of the corpus drivers that came down. My brother has alot of favorite drivers and Billy was one of them. We went on occassion down to RGS and raced hobby stocks but we never missed watching the big dogs and he was definetely one of them. Sorry to hear he is gone but he sure was fun to watch.

thanks alot for the reply. Billy was a very popular driver and a very likeable person. he passed about 8 yrs ago.

Yup, Billy was a thrill to watch in the old days, I remember, AGES ago, when Glen Taylor came down with his bad to the bone super stock, and he and Billy were running 1-2. Something locked up in Glens car and Billy ended up driving his car almost halfway thru Glens! He was a great guy. I worked with Jim Devine over at Boggus for many years, and knew Mike, Billy, Debbie and so on.

thanks so much for that memory you had of him. thats what im tryin to get out of the people that have them. i know theyre out there, just dont know if they post on LSS. well thats cool that you worked with Jim, of course that'd be my granddad's brother. maybe you used to hangout with my parents when they were married, Craig and Joanna?joanna being billy's sister. i just turned 30 and have been racing for only a year and it seems my mother has missed it . she tries to make every race and its times like you described above that kept her in the stands when i rolled my car. everyone else took off runnin, busted through the gate and ran to turn 1 where i was. screaming the whole way. not her , she was parked in the bleachers and later said somethin like " i knew you were ok , ive seen Billy do much worse many many times". so anyway, thank you very very much for the reply.

Archived