Travis Roberts Drives the #55 to victory land

It almost didn't happen. Roy Smith , the owner of the #55 NasKart was ready to call his driver , Travis Roberts and tell him they would not be at the Thunder Hill Race. Roy had a grimlin in his motor that he just couldn't find. He worked tirelessly to find the problem to no avail. After tearing the motor apart for the 3rd time, late Friday night, with the help of Mike Steinman, they discovered the Compression release on the cam had been tiewraped to the off position by the machinist who had lightened the cam for Roy.

After removing the tiewrap and putting the motor back together it started and ran perfectly.

Travis did a supurb driving job comming from mid pack to take the lead and the win on the last lap of the NasKarts 20 lap main event. Travis was quoted as saying " I was just about the same speed as the #24 Chris Terry kart , who was leading. I set him up on the last lap comming off of turn 2 going doen the back strech. I was lucky I could make the pass stick as we were exiting turn 4. We touched side by side and and I had a good enough run to get to the finish line first."

Congratulations to Travis and Roy on a well diserved win.

Archived