2010 Quarter Midget Grand National Races

Hey guys, my name is Mike Lewis and I am the Club President for the Austin Quarter Midget club. We had a good time at the Labor Day Monza in San Antonio last weekend and I had the pleasure of meeting some of our old quarter midget drivers from the past. It was so cool that so many of them showed up to help the San Antonio club celebrate their 50th year.

Just to fill you in on what is going on in our world, next year we are hosting the QMA Western Grands. This is one of two pavement national races for the year and determines the national champs for the year. We are starting to prepare for it now by doing some facility upgrades. We are getting close to time to start our detail planning so if anyone has any information or thoughts they want to share we would love to hear from you. I know there are several retired quarter midget drivers out there that have attended Grands races in the past that might have some ideas or that would like to help out. If you are interested please email me at lewis88@aol.com anytime and.

We have several drivers attending this years Grands races in Huntsville, Alabama. My son is racing in the Honda Lt. 160, Lt Mod., and Lt. AA classes.

We really look forward to hearing from anyone out there. If you would like to come see a race we will be racing at the Austin track in June 6th & June 13th.

Thanks,

Mike, I am so happy that RCQMA got the grands bid. This is a big deal for Austin, The VFW and the club. There are a lot of racers that have come out Texas Quarter Midgets and I know we are all excited for you and the present organization. Some of us are a little older now and some us not that old but we all share the bond that was and is Quarter Midgets and RCQMA. Anything you need Mike just give me a call.

Archived