Some are asking the question

That is a very good question. I have hear it from a number of folks.

Most everyone have the same modifications done to their motors. We cannot do much more to them than we have already done.

Of course as I have often said, driving plays a role as well as chassis set up. We are turning laps in the low 17 second range and a slight mistake that couses you to loose the draft and your behind.

One important factor. Now that summer is here and it is hot and humid, You need to ajust the diral-a jet more often than when it is cooler. When we have the mandatory caution, the jet needs bo be richined up. Then when we get back to speed you can lean it out again. This takes some practice and also a smooth operating cable to operate the dial-a- jet.

We have found that the #1 EES cam is the best choice

Big Valves vs. Medium valves vs. small valves dosen't seem to matter.

Big bore Carb vs stock 13hp card dosen't seem to matter.

One thing that we found to make a big difference is insatlling the 8 degree timing key. This will give you another 400 RPM on the top end.

I found a couple of motors that had the timing key installed although the had moved back to the stock position. I know everyone is running this key, so check it to make sure it is in the advanced poitiion.

Valve springs and valve fit are two important items to keep in mind. We really abuse the valve train and new springs and a valve job every 4 or 5 races will keep your motor up to speed. Extreme Machine charges $35.00 for a valve job and new 38 lb springs are another $28.00. Total of $63.00

I will be availible at the NasKart Shop this weekend and usaually on Tuesday and Thursday nights to help anyone with their motor tuneups. Their will be no charge for my labor. You will be responsible for the cost of any parts and machine work that would need to be done.

With this upcomming 3 weeks off, lets all try to get our nasKarts tuned up so we can get back to putting on a great show for the fans

Also keep in mind that Red River is comming up. We especially want to make a good showing up there. Tires will be important up there. Plan ahead.

Now is the time to get your motor running fast, chassis tuned and a set of new tires installed. We have the tire mounting equipment at the NasKart Shop.

Good racing

Smitty

Archived