2 years in a row THR Front runner?

abrungot

Its way to early in the season to get excited but this was the way the west standings looked before this weekend..

Doug missed this weekend.. so i think he's going to fall out of it..

Clint is the points leader right now so that means he would be the THR rep as of right now..

Will it get interesting?

West Region Track Leaders

Includes events through May 22, 2009

No. Name Track Points

30 Nick Parker Rocky Mountain Raceway 1.1604

28 Shawn Paul Lehman Thunderhill Raceway 0.9426

10 Jason Aposhian Rocky Mountain Raceway 0.8240

01 Michael Hale Rocky Mountain Raceway 0.7686

3 Clint LaFont Thunderhill Raceway 0.7034

50 Roger Wilson Rocky Mountain Raceway 0.6868

02 Doug Ayers Thunderhill Raceway 0.6552

The national champion must also be the track champion. However, I'm getting an investigation done one the Lehman/LaFont point averages. Several factors determine the point average, e.g., number of starts (both have six starts), number of wins (both have two wins), number of top five finishes (both have six Top 5's), number of top ten finishes (both have six Top 10's), number of cars in the field (same for both), and starting/finishing positions (number of positions advanced in a race is a factor-not a big difference between the two drivers).

Their point averages should be very close. The averages that were shown by Aaron are not what's on the website right now. Here's what I'm seeing:

West Region Track Leaders

Includes events through May 22, 2009

No. Name Track Points

30 Nick Parker Rocky Mountain Raceway 0.5802

97B Scott Broughton Madison International Speedway 0.5695

95 Tony Ackerland Meridian Speedway 0.5177

18 Newt Lujan Jr I-25 Speedway 0.4749

28 Shawn Paul Lehman Thunderhill Raceway 0.4713

5M Jeremy Miller Madison International Speedway 0.4187

10 Jason Aposhian Rocky Mountain Raceway 0.4120

2 Jason McClure I-25 Speedway 0.3958

01 Michael Hale Rocky Mountain Raceway 0.3843

25H Nathan Haseleu Madison International Speedway 0.3822

77 Jeffrey Hill Meridian Speedway 0.3818

8 Dan Alamaa I-25 Speedway 0.3740

80 Allen Alexander Thunderhill Raceway 0.3567

23 Chris Fenton Meridian Speedway 0.3531

3 Clint LaFont Thunderhill Raceway 0.3517

Like I said, I'm asking for an investigation because of the big gap between Lehman and LaFont. And, yes, a race missed by Ayers will hurt his point average considerably.

All of the numbers are looking pretty wierd right now, so I wouldn't get too worked up about it. As an example, I have made all of the races so far this year in the super stock and have managed top 5 finishes in all but 1 of them. There are THR super stock drivers that have only made 2 races or so that have better scores than I do. Because it's so early in the season, I have a feeling the numbers don't mean much yet.

Chase,

I agree with you - just don't look right all the way around. Although I've been sending the results from each race to ASA, I did send a spreadsheet of the complete THR Super Stock results to ASA to analyze.

I got the following e-mail from ASA earlier today:

Hi Debbie,

Just so you’ll know…. The results are only posting 1 race for each track…. Your actual results as of today are not showing yet. You have quite a few races in compared to many of the northern tracks…..Now that the results are posting…. The rest of the “tracks” are getting “Motivated” to post their results. So a more accurate tally will be showing up soon.

Thanks for being on top of this!..... and for posting your results quickly and efficiently!

Shannon Stenberg

ASA Racing

457 S. Ridgewood Avenue #101

Daytona Beach, FL 32114

Archived