where can i find a short oil filter

i wasnt sure where to post this question so , nick just move it where it belongs. i been scouring the internets trying to find a shorty oil filter to fit my sbc . if i am correct that would make it 13/16 , with 16 threads. anyway all i can find are 3/4 x 16 thread. can someone point me in the right direction?

These oil filters are considered short at about 4 1/4" and will usually clear most headers.

Moroso Racing Oil Filter #22459

K & N Gold #HP-2002

Wix Racing #51069R

We keep these Filters in stock @ Spreen Racing Engines (830)249-2235 Boerne, Texas

NOTE: You could use an extra tall remote mounted filter with #12 lines as an option to keep the heat off the filter!!

Greg Spreen

Spreen Racing Engines

(830)249-2235

thanks bullet. i'll have to measure the one i got on there. the one i did find measures 2.87'' high but its that darn 3/4. maybe a 4 and a quarter will work. my buddy told me about that remote filter deal for $50, but we thought that would just end up causin me more trouble down the line. what experience do you have with them?

The remote oil filter is worth it 1000%. Make oil draining (from filter) and filter changing so much easier and cleaner by putting the filter where you want. Dont you hate dripping oil down your headers!?

yup after much research, i am going with the remote oil filtration. anyone got any tricks to the trade?

we use the remote filter also. Its the best way to go.

We mounted the filter bracket near the front of the car so it will get some air flow. It really helps keep the oil temp down.

It also holds an additional quart and a half or so of oil.

we use the remote filter also. Its the best way to go.

We mounted the filter bracket near the front of the car so it will get some air flow. It really helps keep the oil temp down.

It also holds an additional quart and a half or so of oil.

cool thanks for the tip. did you end up getting a longer hose? the kit that i found comes with a 30'' hose

Archived