Races Cancelled - May 16th

TRP

Due to the massive storms all around and the huge cell headed to the track from the southwest heading northeast, the races for tonight are caneclled. If you read this forum, please spread the word. I sent a text message to all of the racers I have in my cell phone. The forecast is 80% chance of storms, and we wanted to save everyone as much distance traveling as we could and the decision was made on all the facts at hand and in the interest of the teams traveling and as soon as it could be made.

We'll set our sights on our next regular race date of June 6th. Stay tuned here and on the texana website for hot topics for June 6th races as we formulate those.

-Monty

turned out to be the right call. The bottom let go about 5:10 pm and it came a down pour at the track. Thank you to everyone for your support! If anyone wants me to add them to my text message distribution for weather related issues, which seemed to be very helpful, give me your cell # next time at the track, and I will store you in my directory.

Mark your calendar for Race # 1 of the South Texas Modified Series on May 24th at South Texas Speedway in Corpus Christi Texas (series points rade for Mods and Limited Mods). Should be a good one! We encourage the Texana teams to support the event for Race #1 at South Texas Speedway!

thx again - Monty

Archived