Not 1 or 2, but 3 Great Things this Saturday!

TRP

Rarely does Texana Raceway Park end up racing back to back weekends, but this weekend, May 16th is one of those rare exceptions! And, what an exciting program it will be. You will not want to miss the 16th to get your fix before we take a couple of weeks off.

With some of the best darn racing action across all classes ever seen at a track back on May 9th, what a great opportunity to back it up with another night of close competition on the 16th.

And, there are three noteworthy items for this coming weekend:

Extra Cash for mini-stocks

First, after having a night off last weekend, the mini-stocks will be welcomed back home with some extra cash to be handed out to every single teen racer that shows up and registers to race for the night. Every single one of the teen racers in the mini-stock division will receive a $20 bonus regardless of where they finish and regardless of whether they make it to the feature or not. Just show up, register to race, and you're guaranteed to walk away with at least $20 cash. No matter how many show up to compete, every single mini-stock racer will each get an extra $20 cash. This is sponsored by Cabin Creek Design, Cindy Chamberlain, owner.

Bounty Money Goes up in Mods

Last Saturday, Mickey Helms claimed the bounty money in Limited Mods with the first week it was posted. But, the multi-talented Paul White won his fourth straight feature win in Modifieds. That increases the bounty to $200 this week. If a modified driver can come in and win the feature, beat White with clean racing, and White taking the checker anywhere from 2nd back, the winner will get an extra $200 to compliment the feature winner share of $800 to make is a cool Thousand for the night to the winner.

The Annual Kids Foot Races

Let's just see who the fastest young hot shoe is in Jackson County on Saturday night. Come one, come all and compete in the annual kids foot races held at intermission on the front straight. The kids will be broken down by age groups and trophies will be awarded to the winners.

The featured driver on the 16th will be Mr. Darin Leonard with his #26 modified. Darin will be in the general admission area before the races signing pictures that the track will provide with help of Dancer Motorsports Photos.

Don't miss it. An exciting race program and lots of good fun at Texana Raceway Park on May 16th!

yep! that's texana for ya! i've never been there and not had a heckuva time!

way to go texana!!!

Cool! I'll tell ya lilmod, if the racing this Saturday is even half as good as last Saturday, it will be one heck of a show! I mentioned on another tread, but I was the substitute announcer last week, and man did the drivers make my job easy giving me plenty of close racing and good action to call from. I'm not a very good announcer, but I discovered two things; when you know most all of the folks in the pits that really helps, and when you have drivers like we have putting on the show they put on, just about anyone could call races when they're that good.

-Monty

Archived