Josh Cournoyer's New Sponsor

Josh Cournoyer Racing would like to welcome our new sponsor Rock & Roll Offroad to the team. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/10/09] More at www.joshcournoyer.com
What could you possibly have put that needed to be edited out by Nick? Well congrats on the new sponsorship. [Not edited out by Scott Lewis, 5/11/09] :lol:

Josh Cournoyer Racing would like to welcome our new sponsor Rock & Roll Offroad to the team. [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/10/09] More at www.joshcournoyer.com
What could you possibly have put that needed to be edited out by Nick? Well congrats on the new sponsorship. [Not edited out by Scott Lewis, 5/11/09] :lol:

I normally do not respond to "edit" questions in the forums but rather encourage folks to contact me in private if they have concerns about the LSS edits. But in this case it gives me an opportunity to share a bit of information.

First, to answer you question, the rest of the post was basically an advertisement for the business that is now sponsoring Josh. It's easy for me to understand why anyone would want to promote their sponsors and/or their sponsor's products on here, but since we depend on advertising revenue to make a tiny dent in our expenses, we really can't allow "free ads" to run while others are paying for their ad space.

The fact is that LSS is a great place to get the word out about a business. We have somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 visitors a month, we have millions of page views a month, we have more than 4,000 registered uses (all with verified email addresses). Numbers like these are huge for any "niche" or regional racing site. Anyone trying to reach the Texas Stock Car Racing Community with their products and services couldn't find a better place to advertise than on here.

Bottom line is this: If I let "free ads" on here, the people who are paying for their ad space have a legitimate gripe.

Thanks for reading this and if you happen to know of a business who is trying to reach the LSS audience, please get in touch with me.

Thanks.

Nick

I normally do not respond to "edit" questions in the forums but rather encourage folks to contact me in private if they have concerns about the LSS edits. But in this case it gives me an opportunity to share a bit of information.

First, to answer you question, the rest of the post was basically an advertisement for the business that is now sponsoring Josh. It's easy for me to understand why anyone would want to promote their sponsors and/or their sponsor's products on here, but since we depend on advertising revenue to make a tiny dent in our expenses, we really can't allow "free ads" to run while others are paying for their ad space.

The fact is that LSS is a great place to get the word out about a business. We have somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 visitors a month, we have millions of page views a month, we have more than 4,000 registered uses (all with verified email addresses). Numbers like these are huge for any "niche" or regional racing site. Anyone trying to reach the Texas Stock Car Racing Community with their products and services couldn't find a better place to advertise than on here.

Bottom line is this: If I let "free ads" on here, the people who are paying for their ad space have a legitimate gripe.

Thanks for reading this and if you happen to know of a business who is trying to reach the LSS audience, please get in touch with me.

Thanks.

great answer Nick ;)

Archived