Great Racing Last Night

TRP

I have to compliment the drivers.... Last night was one of the most exciting nights of competition that I've seen at a track in a long time. The drivers competing at Texana are top notch!!! As the substitute announcer for the evening, you made my job fun as I was able to call some exciting races. There was some excellent passing, with some of the features coming right down to the wire. I got pretty wore out keeping up with all of the entertainment the drivers were providing.

Also, I think the drivers broke the Full Moon myth. A few bumps here and there (probably the start fo the Hot Stock Truck feature being the worse), but all in all no real mishaps and a lot of good clean and very competitive racing.

Just as quick as the bounty in Limited was posted, Mickey Helms made his claim on it, carrying out an extra $100 to go along with his $700 feature winners share. The bounty in the mods goes up next week to $200 as Paul White pulled off his fourth straight feature win in mods. Thus, someone has the chance to carry home a full thousand if they can win in the mods.

I'll have full results and very brief race summaries posted later today... A nice size crowd and over 75 teams to put on the presentation. Thank you drivers for such a good race night and providing lots of good racing for your substitute announcer to work from.

-Monty

R U RACING NEXT WEEK ? WOULD LIKE TO COME SEE :P PAUL IS FAST AND OBV A GOOD SPORT TO ALLOW A BOUNTY ;) BUT GOOD LUCK GETTING IT BEEN TRYING TO GET MY PROGRAM TOGETHER :blink: TO GO RACE THERE ALWAYS SOMETHING CONGRATS SEE YA :rolleyes: AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THAT R MOTHERS OR TO B G ;)

R U RACING NEXT WEEK ? WOULD LIKE TO COME SEE :P PAUL IS FAST AND OBV A GOOD SPORT TO ALLOW A BOUNTY ;) BUT GOOD LUCK GETTING IT BEEN TRYING TO GET MY PROGRAM TOGETHER :blink: TO GO RACE THERE ALWAYS SOMETHING CONGRATS SEE YA :rolleyes: AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THAT R MOTHERS OR TO B G ;)

Yes, we are running on the 16th. This is one of two occasions that we run back to back weekends. After the 16th, we'll be off until June 6th. We'll look forward to seeing you.

Next week, Super Stocks are scheduled off. The mini-stocks will be receiving an extra $20 per entry, simply for showing, regardless of whether they start the feature or not, sponsored by Cabin Creek Design.

Archived