Mother Nature wins at I-30 Speedway ASCS event

NickHolt

Mother Nature Prevails Again; Lucas Oil ASCS Washed Out at I-30 Speedway

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (May 7, 2009) – Torrential rain throughout the Little Rock area over the past week has forced the cancellation of Saturday night's scheduled Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Dirt Series presented by K&N Filters event at I-30 Speedway.

Little Rock has been inundated with nine inches of rain since May 1, with half of that precipitation falling in the past 48 hours. The excessive rainfall amounts have already rendered the racing surface and pit area unsuitable for racing action this weekend.

The Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Dirt Series presented by K&N Filters resumes action with the $10,000-to-win Steve King Memorial at Kansas' Jetmore Motorplex on May 23-24.

Additional information regarding the American Sprint Car Series is available at www.ascsracing.com.

My friend Marla lives outside little rock, talked to her yesterday and she said they almost have the a

Ark built but weather delaying progress,lol, she did say since may 1st it has thundered and rained everyday, as most ok, mo, ar and around racing got washed out here in Davenport Iowa friday and another round for this Friday.

Archived