Constructive Criticism

Will Race

Before I get into this, this is in NO WAY an attack on anyone. I believe I-37 has been doing a fine job of improving their events each week but if you don't get constructive criticism here and there, then you don't know what might need to be improved on.

Flag Stand Help

Some races, especially this past Friday, have had inconsistent starts. There are several drivers that jump to the inside or outside on every start or restart. Some cars have even made passes (2-3 Cars) before the Green is Thrown. Can a no pass zone until a certain point be declared for starts and restarts so this does not happen? If someone jumps (and yes it happens unintentionally sometimes) please throw the yellow and lets line up and do it again. If you insist on it, they will do it more consistently every time.

Guy's and Gals, it's hard to see everything on the track, this i know.. Communication from all officials is critical for all aspects of the race. There have been a few times when it seems as if Steve is unsure or hesitant when to and when not to throw the yellow. Maybe its communication or something else. Again, not an attack, just letting ya'll know. Maybe someone else needs to be up in the stand just as an extra set of eyes. That’s up to ya'll to decide.

Steve, drivers cannot see the flags when they are being waived above your head. They've gotta be down about platform level. It's hard enough with mud caked everywhere to see whats ahead on the track.

Hey I-37, Keep up the fine work you have been doing. I hope this info helps you. See ya on the flip side!

W :)

Herd the best rule for this one by Pat at Texas Thunder this weekend..

"I am tired of Jump starts & I am not holding up the show with a restart",

So if you jump the start, You will just dock you a lap & you will figure out you jumped a start at the pay out window after the race..

Herd the best rule for this one by Pat at Texas Thunder this weekend..

"I am tired of Jump starts & I am not holding up the show with a restart",

So if you jump the start, You will just dock you a lap & you will figure out you jumped a start at the pay out window after the race..

Do you guys use a starting cone? If they jump they goto the back or lose a lap!

Killeen does not use a cone. On the restart, the leader sets the pace. After the yellow light goes out, on the back stretch, the leader can start the race at his/her pace. From the middle of the back stretch to turn four.

They just penalize you one lap. They don't throw a caution for that. It makes the night longer by having pointless(NASCAR) cautions.

They call it the modified waco restart..

Leader is on first row by self.. 2nd is on the inside of 2nd row.. 3rd on the outside of 2nd row..

The rest of it Wayne has covered.. I have seen the go as soon as the light goes out..

and all the way into the center of 3 & 4... it makes it intersting to say the least..

if your bumper breaks the plane of the car in front of you's bumper before the leader goes/Green comes out

its considered a Jump

or like rick used to do. if you pass a car before you are allowed to, you will be penalized the spot on the next yellow. unless you get back in your right spot before crossing the line. if there is no yellow, you get penalized the spot or spots in the final results, so at the pay window basically. saw a lot of ducking to the inside and crossing the rear bumper, but didnt see any passes before the start/finish line. only got to see a couple of races though.

The rule at i37 is when the green waves, you can pass only on the outside, but i believe that is only on restarts. some people try it double file. my solution is make the junk, i mean slower cars start in the rear, they are going to be there sooner or later..jmo....... but i do agree that the flagman needs a helper.

WILL RACE i'm not sure who you are but thanks for letting me know your concerns, ok guys on the restarts this how it works, we have a cone coming out of 4 and when i throw the green flag you are only allowed to pass on the outside until you get to the cone, after that you can pass high or low, also the majority of the time i throw the green when the frt row hits center corner.

i also will try and keep the flags down low, i know some of ya'll roof lines (especially the mods) are low so i will correct that. dang dirt cars lol

now on the caution concern, last race we had someone complaining the cautions came out to early, so i tried to wait a little longer WITHOUT PUTTING SOMEONE IN DANGER, this week we have complaints of them being to late, i also have at least two people in my ear telling me when somethings happening, what i try to do guys is if theres a spin i try a give them every oppertunity to get going until i feel the field is getting to close or if i see the car is showing no attempt to get going, also we only have two lights one on the end of the frt strait and one at the end of the back, i like to let the car know before going into the corner because they are blind at that point. we also had people waiting on cautions last year, i'm just trying to reduce the amount of cautions, sometimes it works sometime it doesn't but i wont put you in danger.

Steve Ramzinski

Steve,

Keep up the good work....

There is a saying " Anything is for sale for the right price!" All of you who think you can do it better, scrap up some money and buy it... Until then, I think the track is doing a great job! Keep up all the hard work.......

Mark

it seems as if Steve is unsure or hesitant when to and when not to throw the yellow. Maybe its communication or something else.

but i do agree that the flagman needs a helper.

no complaints at sas or i37 last year, with the exception of the flag being to high last year, guess i went back to my old pavement ways this year and didnt realize it.

it seems as if Steve is unsure or hesitant when to and when not to throw the yellow. Maybe its communication or something else.

but i do agree that the flagman needs a helper.

no complaints at sas or i37 last year, with the exception of the flag being to high last year, guess i went back to my old pavement ways this year and didnt realize it.

DANG STEVE AS USUAL NICE GUY ;) SEE IF U ASK U SHALL RECEIVE BUT U WAIT TILL U BUMP SOMEONE :blink: HE HAS HIS BLACK FLAG BOOK U KNOW ;)

this is j-m-o but i do think the flag stand is doing a good job but i do think he needs help when i am ther i try to let the cars know when it is one to go i stand out there i do wish maybe if the corner workers had a yellow flag it might help seeing thing better i know when i have raced out ther it was hard to see the flag stand j-m-o also about the wall what if they put the tires stright up and coverd them with sheet metal of some kind and paint it j-m-o i love that there is a place to call home so lets all help take care of it instead of bashing it thanks to all the drivers for coming out and putting on a grate show each week

this is j-m-o but i do think the flag stand is doing a good job but i do think he needs help when i am ther i try to let the cars know when it is one to go i stand out there i do wish maybe if the corner workers had a yellow flag it might help seeing thing better i know when i have raced out ther it was hard to see the flag stand j-m-o also about the wall what if they put the tires stright up and coverd them with sheet metal of some kind and paint it j-m-o i love that there is a place to call home so lets all help take care of it instead of bashing it thanks to all the drivers for coming out and putting on a grate show each week

maybe we just have not had the number of yellows as everyone else but i have not noticed a problem with the restarts, could be that the sportmod drivers are not as apt to jump, i don't know. I did have a problem with the line up after the yellow until reb explained it to me now all is well, got the car back together after the t-boning I took in killeen on sat and looking forward to Friday night. If you had someone to help in the flag stand it could do nothing but help, four eyes are beter than two, but the flag man seems to be doing alright as far as i can see, I really don't look at him untill the last lap! jk

joe

Its amazing how some people are complaining about how late the races run and some about not throwing the yellow some about this and some about that. :unsure: The fact of the matter is that this is suppose to be fun and about the commradery. :rolleyes: Everyone wants to finish first< only one will. Competition is the driving force. Noone would be out there if it was to go in a circle, but everyone wants to be in victory lane. Maybe that is being overlooked. The competitive nature in south Texas is UNMISTAKABLE. :angry: If u aint first, your last.hahahahha. Blowing off steam on here is better than taking it out at the track.

Archived