Weight Rule for NASKARTS

Weight Rule Clarification:

It is the Kart driver/Owner's reponsibility to have their kart weighed in before qualifying in order to make sure that you are above the minimum weight limit.

We will be using the scales that Thunderhill Raceway allow us to use as OFFICIAL SCALES for our series. These scales may fluctuate a pound or two...but will the official scales we use. We will have a track official verifying weights as official as well. After qualifying...ALL karts must go to tech and weigh in for official weight for the night. This means straight to the scales after the heat race and get this done as quickly as possible, in order to for all racers to make changes to their karts if need be. After the Main, only top 5 must go to scales for final weigh-in. If top 3 come in above weight...4th & 5th do not have to weigh in. If someone in top 3 does not come in above 450lb minimum...then 4th will weigh in and so on. You have 3 chances on the scales to make weight.

That is: 1st time - scales will be zeroed...and kart and driver weighed. If just under the minimum weight, then we will pick up the kart re-zero the scales and weigh again. If still underweight...we will do this a 3rd time. BUT if underweight after the third time...by even 1 pound., you will be disqualified and positions will move up. Such as...if 1st place tries 3 times to make weight and doesn't...then 2nd will move to first and so on. So I strongly suggest that you make sure of your weight and if you try to come in after qualifying or the main at the minimum and you are a pound lite....TOO BAD. You have been warned! I do not want any controversy about weight!! RULES ARE RULES! I will feel bad about DQ-ing someone underweight if they win....but it will be done without any arguments.

I would suggest that everyone tries to come to weigh in's at 455lbs. That way there is no controversy.

Mike Steinman

NASKART #71

Archived