THR Practice re-scheduled

Due to the rain last week and the inclement weather in January and parts of February, the work that was scheduled to be completed at Thunder Hill Raceway by now is just now getting completed. All tha base work has been done and all the blacktop is going down Wednesday, March 10. The contractor is advising that the pavement cure for a few days before putting cars on it.

So, instead of practice this Saturday, March 13, we will be opening the track for practice on Wednesday, March 17 from noon until dark. We will also have the two other practices as previously scheduled; Saturday, March 20, from noon until dark and Thursday, March 25th from 3:00 p.m. until dark.

The back straight is looking great and the driveway is being paved in 900 feet from the I35 access road. Unfortunately the planned 5 foot paved apron around the bottom of the track will have to wait a while since that area has remained soggy all winter.

Nick Holt

Thanks to Brian C. and crew, who have been working their (muddy) butts off to continue work on the track these past couple of weeks. I doubt very much that any of those folks have a piece of clothing that ISN'T muddy from the past couple of weeks. B)

Thanks for the update Nick. And to Brian and Jim, thanks for the improvements at the track. Better a little late than not at all!

I'm glad they decided to postpone the practice rather than cancel it altogether. Here's to good weather on Wednesday!

Chase

Archived