tams update

j.j.&s.racing

joey broke the track record at a 13.97.davidson was2nd.3rd was bruce beddoe 4th was newton barta 5th larry smith 6th john witzsche. john henaman won his heat race with steve grants on his tail.mat gardner won the other one with lawrence matching him lap for lap.there was 24 cars their.

Joey Heinaman won wire to wire, but the track management has requsted that the unofficial results not be published until they have gone over the scoring.

I hear there was a good grandstand crowd and that 22 TAMS cars started the 60 lap feature.

Reportedely there was a big wreck on back straight of lap 1 that took out H.E. Nauman, Matt Brune, Scooter Bates and Martin Lyall. Chris Davidson sustained damage in that wreck which eventually put him out later on.

Nick Holt

Yep thats how it was, about 22 cars, 60 laps, and yes the big wreck on the backstetch on lap 1. Davidson got turned and his right front hit the wall pretty hard, at first it looked he had no damage and he was keeping his 2nd position after that caution for about 10 laps, after that sparks started flying out from under his right front and he fell back quick and eventually parked it.

It was unreal. Only about 10 cars finished the race. The first wreck was aweful.

I have to say congradulations to Steve Grants #91 he did a great job for his first race running a TAM. You go Steve.

I won't be able to give much info on the race itself, because I'm spotting this year, but Joey Heinaman lowered the track record to a 13.96. The top five were 14.10 or better, and 12 cars beat the old track record. Owen Pittman and his crew have done a great job on that place, it looks better than it has in years, and the track was fast. The Friday heat races were won by John Heinaman and Matt Gardner. The big pile up on the first lap collected about 9 cars, but several were able to continue. The green flag racing was fast; Joey H. and Bruce Beddoe set a torrid pace with Larry Smith on their tail a car or so back. The 1st and 2nd place cars were bare chassis a month ago at Norrell's shop, both Joey and Bruce and their crews did a great job putting those cars together.

Several new cars, and some good looking iron. Hearing of a few more to be ready for Houston.

Archived