Kristin Bumbera set to launch NCWSE 2009 ROY quest Saturday

KRISTIN BUMBERA LAUNCHES ASSAULT FOR NCWSE 2009 ROOKIE TITLE AT GREENVILLE PICKENS APRIL 11TH

Houston, TX (April 8, 2009) – NASCAR’s 2008 Drive for Diversity Program Participant of the Year, Kristin Bumbera, now has her sights set on another title - the 2009 Sunoco Rookie of the Year. Her NASCAR Camping World Series East season kicks off this Saturday, April 11th, at Greenville Pickens Speedway in the NASCAR Home Tracks 150.

Bumbera is competing as the only female in the NASCAR Camping World Series but that does not affect this driver’s determination.

“My total focus is on my goals which are winning rookie of the year and honing my skills on eleven new race tracks,” said Bumbera. “That’s enough to think about, so I don’t have time to be worrying about being the only girl.”

2009 marks the second year Bumbera has been selected to participate in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Program. This season she will be driving the #94 for Bobby Hamilton Jr. Racing based out of Nashville, TN.

Bumbera’s career began at the age of 8 racing go-karts in Texas. Now 21 years of age she wrapped up last season’s late model program and part time NASCAR Camping World West season with a career 16 wins, 52 top 5’s, and 92 top 10’s. For more information visit www.kristinbumbera.com.