Opening night

Last night was my first time at Shady Oaks.

Lots of good. Nice pits, concession stand in pit is great. Stands are in good shape. The promoter has lots of help and was excited about the night. Good car count. LOTS OF FANS!!!

The not so good---Jeff....Note LESS WATER....... Listen to your drivers....LESS WATER. Also I heard from several drivers that the lighting in the turns was hard to see. The drop off around the track needs some slope.

I'm also wondering if the car count was actually that good. Their were alot of Corpus Christi cars that came to the track last night. Actually a corpus car won the limitds and mods. Since the schedules don't allow them to come often This will surely affect the car numbers.

Spedfrk

Last night was my first time at Shady Oaks.

Lots of good. Nice pits, concession stand in pit is great. Stands are in good shape. The promoter has lots of help and was excited about the night. Good car count. LOTS OF FANS!!!

The not so good---Jeff....Note LESS WATER....... Listen to your drivers....LESS WATER. Also I heard from several drivers that the lighting in the turns was hard to see. The drop off around the track needs some slope.

I'm also wondering if the car count was actually that good. Their were alot of Corpus Christi cars that came to the track last night. Actually a corpus car won the limitds and mods. Since the schedules don't allow them to come often This will surely affect the car numbers.

Spedfrk

this is true they will hurt a little when going head to head with corpus wish the best for them time will tell but the people there did do pretty good for a first night and the owner seemed to try to make it go well the best pa i have heard in a long time

well first time to the track. definitely a great looking facility from a fans perspective. Well there were a few of fist time blunders. too much water on track no problem with me. Food stand was unacceptable but has room for improvement. the good I saw was the speed of the show after it got started. Announcing wasn’t bad just needs line ups for fan info but that will take time to get. But considering first night not too bad at all. Yhis is not intended to bash the speedway at all

Yea real good car count in most classes. However the fan count was unbelievable! I mean it looked like lots of folks were standingmin both sides of the bleachers. LSSZ missed the boat not being there tonite or yesteray or whatever. Anyway long ride home going to bed.

Thanks for pointing out they we missed the boat. If you wouldn't mind, please set our schedule for the rest of the season to suit your needs... LOL

Actually, we asked the owners about covering the opening nite, but they asked if we could put it off a few weeks. So, we complied with their request.

But we hear that things were looking good overall. Very encouraging to see a track "come back to life."

Nick

I am not good at telling people where they should go Nick. You ought to know that by now, lol. Well anyways yes it was great to be back at SOS and we look forward to going back.

As a side note the pure stocks had 24 cars total I believe 21 took the green for the feature. Just trying to get the word out so more can come in 2 weeks.

We went down from Pipe Creek to watch and help some of our friends. Shady Oaks is an awsome track. Had a hell of a turn out for first night cant wait to finish our cars so we can take them back. Robert Danielsen had a real good run. Just a little less water :P . And Randy Borlace did a heck of a job keeping everyone in line in the tech area. GREAT JOB SHADY OAKS.

The track was watered a little more then it should have been, but worked out pretty nice. Lawrence Mikulencak had one heck of a run in mods and limited mods, with wins there. Eric Floyd won super stocks, Robert Danielsen won the pure stock main, and Kevin Migura won late models.

I would personally like to thank Greg Dinsmore for the use of his video scope, he is a great asset to come to a race track, and his help is very much appreciated. Woodwayracing (Shane), Thanks for the kind words and vote of confidence! We are all in a learning curve, and last night was a great night considering it's my first night as a tech man. I feel I teched everyone fairly, and truly appreciate everyone being so kind.

Jeff Nix, What can I say, 2nd place is incredible bud. Your whole team has been great to get to know and work with. I am very glad the changes I had you make worked out for you, even though they looked very unconventional. Keep on driving as well as you have been, and a win is not that far off.

Thanks everyone for coming out to Shady Oaks Speedway.

I want to apologize for the results not being posted in any way as of yet. I am the IT manager at the speedway and trying to get the main network up & running to handle all of the registers & such I just ran out of time for setting up the "Speednet" program. This week I will do my best to get you the results.

I do want to say thank you for coming out and supporting SOS's grand opening!!!!

I had been told by several friends how fast that track used to be. I understand now after running that high line in the feature. That is the fastest I've ever gone on a dirt track up there on the high line. The track was way more than a little too wet half way down. But, with no benchmark to gauge from in the last 8 years, that can happen. Didn't seem to dampen the spirits of any of the fans...

As for what happened to me, I got a very lucky opening when the #2 car went just a little too high in turn two and the door opened for me to go for the lead. But as fate would have it my leaf spring broke coming into turn three and around I went. What makes me sick about that is when I spun, I caused the 2 car to get sidelined along with me and I think I caused the 88 car trouble as well and maybe several others. Wouldn't have been too bad if it was only me. Of course, I wasn't the only one in a class to cause some challenges, but I hated it for the 2 car especially because he had such a good run and I'd of never had the chance to pass if it hadn't of been for that one little slide up with the door being opened. What made my breaking and spinning especially bad was we were just about to get the two to go signal. I know its racing, and it wouldn't have been so bad to break and spin earlier in the race. But, to have someone collected with me that had such a good run going up to that point, made me feel pretty rotten. Apologies to anyone I caused chaos for.

Congrats Robert, Eric, Kevin, John, and Lawrence x 2.

Hey Monte you had a heck of a run going. Sure didnt want to see you bow out due to part breaking. When it broke boy did everyone scramble. I honestly believe their was 8 pure stocks that could have won last night. Really nice group of cars running pretty fast on a greasy track. Tons of action going on throughout the top 10 for sure made it an exciting race. Starting on the 3rd row I was willing to be happy with a top 3 and that would have been pretty darn good but we had some luck and was in the right place at the right time. Thank goodness we only have sheet metal to repair. Robert on the way home felt he had dodged so many bullets he didnt know if he had any more bob and weve's left in him. Anyway it was good to see the pure stocks pull a good car count and we look forward to more coming to have fun.

I HAVENT SEEN THAT MANY FANS IN THE STANDS SINCE BOONE WOW :o THE TRACK UNDERSTANDABLE THE FACILITY AWESOME WTGO LOTS OF HARD WORK THERE AND WE WILL BE BACK BROKE A VALVE SPRING IN 1 AND A ROCKER IN THE OTHER GREAT JOB LAWRENCE AND WTGO DANIELSON AND HOW ABOUT THAT NIXX GUY AND RANDY STOP LOOKING SO HARD AT MY EQUIPMENT U KNOW IM LEGAL ;) OR MAYBE U LIKE MY SUSPENSION :P:blink:

Archived