STS $500 - guaranteed

STS $25 start money

Shady Oaks $300 - 13 or less

Shady Oaks $500 - 14 cars

Shady Oaks $50 start money

Edna $500 - 9 or less

Edna $800 - 10 cars

Edna $50 start money

This is directly from each website. Obviously Edna pays the most in both classes and start money is best as well. Also good reg. fee. However its will costs a driver an extra $15 for pit pass. Maybe that is why they get great car/crowd counts almost everytime they race. Shady Oaks is only $25 for all pit passes and it pays same as STS to winners but start money is much better. I37 well count the cars and make sure you take a copy of the purse sheet to see what you are racing for. The overall purse is close to Shady Oaks hoever car counts are going to be a factor.

My opinion best bang for your buck is Edna if you like great competition, good car counts and real good pay. Shady Oaks remains to be seen except its value is good pit pass fees and a nice posted purse. STS is riskier if your not a top 5 driver. You pay $40 driver pit pass but the start money is only $25. If your a good finisher then no problem. I37 good pit pass but you should expect the lower purse being paid because of high reg. fee and most mod drivers dont want to risk tearing up their cars on friday for a small purse and miss out on their Saturday night local show and a good purse. Anyways make up your own minds but these are the facts except for big shows.

Just an fyi for those who have been following the Edna (Texana) Limited and Mod payouts moving up over the last couple of years, and may have noticed a change again this week on the website. We added $200 to each of those classes earlier this week, bumping Limiteds up from $600 for 1st to $700 for 1st and bumped 2nd up by $100. On Mods, 1st remained at $800, 2nd was bumped up to $500, and 3rd was bumped up to $350. These are all on the website and what Stephan used as a reference. This will be for the remainder of the 2009 season unless additional money is added on a given night. The 10 or more payout is pretty much a given. The lowest count I can recall since Bruce took over the track was like 12 or 13 Mods on a night or two, but doesn't seem to be common. Anyway, I just wanted to mention the increase in case someone keyed into that and was wondering about the bumps up.

I'd planned on making a more formal announcement on Lone Star Speedzone, but was holding until at least Sunday to make a formal announcement so as not to distract from the Shady Oaks grand re-opening.

It is $40 for the driver at Texana and transponders are required for those two classes. You can bring your own or rent, but if rent a driver factors in $15 more each night.

On a side note, I know that each track has to take many things into consideration when they calculate the purse. The overhead cost and general facility maintenance cost is a large factor in these calculations. If an operator is paying a measurable cost each month to utilize the property under lease or making payments to purchase the property, that is a factor along with all others impacting the bottom line. If the overhead is low while general admision revenue is healthy, and pit revenue is good, I suspect an operator can add more into payouts. Also, when you have a rural location like Edna and you want to see some of the names come out, you have to offer something that will interest notable names to drive from Houston, Corpus, Austin, San Antonio, Kerville, etc... I'm not the bean counter at out track, but just some observations. I suspect all of the overhead costs are factored in for various tracks.

Anyway, back to the main point. Just wanted to point out the couple of increases in case someone was looking at the payout earlier this week on our website, and had then looked at it again after Wednesday.

thx - Monty Chamberlain

Archived