Radiator Question

Damn good question. I hope someone has an answer. Im in the (its getting too damn hot) category. Sucks when your loosing HP after only 25 laps. Ive wondered about a double pass and pulley configuration, water restrictors, but im still scratching my head.

We had overheating issues with a 19x28 single pass radiator on the late model. Switched to a closed system double pass radiator (same size) and fixed the problem. This is on a car with an electric fan that runs only when needed.

We recently put that single pass on another car that runs a mechanical fan and it cools just fine. I guess the moral of the story is that a car running without a fan most of the time needs a better cooling system.

i have a modified w/ a 22" PRC radiator (single Pass) running on gas. how much difference will a double or triple pass radiator have?

There are more things to cause over heating other than just the radiator. Do you have a restrictor in the thermostat housing, does your car run hot all the time or does it very with track conditions, dirt or asphalt? hows the air flow? Did this just start or has it been a problem? Timing on the engine? Installing a new radiator may help but if that is not the root of the problem it would be wasted $$$$$.

running the proper fan shroud will help alot too... the fan should be about an 1/2" inside the shroud or 1/2" outside the stroud..... if you dont have one your not getting the most air pulled thru the radiator like its supposed to be..... it will suck air from sides with out shroud not cooling radiator.... just a thought...