NR2003 Problem

Ok let me update anyone reading this on what happened.

Harddrive crashed had to restore from scratch. Reloaded all of my windows stuff, drivers and office stuff then I loaded NR 2003. When I start up NR2003 it goes into the the Sierra screen then to the Papyrus screen (red and blue) as soon as it finishes there or I click on the mouse my computer reboots. Its been like this for a couple of weeks. Please help. Anyone have any answers?

2.27Ghz processor

1GB DDR ram

xp home

160GB Hard drive with 8mb buffer

PNY Vertigo 128 DDR Video with 650 Mhz processor

I have Dloaded the NR2003 patches and all of windows patches. I am running Norton Corporate for virus protection.

Thanks,

Ryan Goodlett

I only have a few ideas from past experience.....

1. make sure you installed the nascar patches in the correct order

2. sometimes when you install a patch it renames some key files that do not need to be renamed causing the game to crash

3. uninstall and reinstall the game

other than that I have no idea

Maybe a memory problem, memory will reboot your computer when launching games sometimes. Maybe check your memory boards just push them down wiggle them a bit just to make sure they didnt come loose. Its happen to me before.

Ryan,

I would suspect a video driver problem.

Did you run the "config.exe" found in the game folder? Try running that and see what it does.

Most likely you don't have the proper video driver loaded.

Go here and read what it says. Real good info on getting the most out of your video drivers in N2K3

http://web.utk.edu/~mule/documents/Nascar2...003Tweaks.shtml

Hope this helps, and if it doesn't post again and we will go from there.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Archived