Formula 1

Jason

After you guys get home from the tracks tonight, check out Formula 1's opener on SPEED. Coverage starts at 12:30am. The championship last year was decided with a pass on the final turn of the final lap. This year there are some crazy storylines to start out 2009. The main being the defunct Honda team, now Brawn GP, taking 1st and 2nd in qualifying.

j

Best F1 race I've seen in years. The new aero package really allows 'em to pull up to each other to pass. Also, tires were so screwy that no one could pull off & fly away. Except for Button in that Brawn!!! Very cool, except I was pulling more for Barichello. Nice to see Hamilton & McLaren having trouble. Vettel ended up penalized for getting into Kubica, which is nonsense, since that is EXACTLY what has been missing in F1 - drivers going for the pass & not settling for points. 12:30 start was easy. I'll be up for the 5:00 a.m. starts this year!

Incredible to see that KERS system actually in place. This is either going to be a disaster (commentator stated during the race that before mechanics touch the car after it comes off, electrical guy needs to make sure no live current remaining), or it's the start of something that we will eventually see in evrything we drive.

Archived