350 tranny

F5RACING

I am trying to rebuild a turbo 350 tranny and have seem to have lost the location of where the balls go. didn't seem so bad until these little *&^%$#@ hit the ground. Found four ball bearings that I have "NO *&^%$#@" idea where they go. The maze under the valves blew me away. Someone must have had a lot of time on their hands to make this contraption. I did see a couple of spots that looked like they would hold the balls, but I would like to make sure before I put it back together. Any advice other than "better luck next time" or a shop number would be helpful. Really determined to figure this out. Thanks!!!! also need to find out how to test or clean a tourque converter?

I am trying to rebuild a turbo 350 tranny and have seem to have lost the location of where the balls go. didn't seem so bad until these little *&^%$#@ hit the ground. Found four ball bearings that I have "NO *&^%$#@" idea where they go. The maze under the valves blew me away. Someone must have had a lot of time on their hands to make this contraption. I did see a couple of spots that looked like they would hold the balls, but I would like to make sure before I put it back together. Any advice other than "better luck next time" or a shop number would be helpful. Really determined to figure this out. Thanks!!!! also need to find out how to test or clean a tourque converter?
google it snd you can find a pic of the valve body.

I bet Cameron(Truck38) can tell you. I believe he had the same question several months back. My TH350 was built by Kosub in China Grove. That is one thing I wont touch. Motors "Yes"! Tranny's "Heaven's No"!

Thanks for the help. I talked to Gerald about rebuilding, but I decided I would give a try. Aside from the balls falling out it doesn't seem that bad. I could have a different oppinion later though.

Archived