NASCAR Comes to Houston!

Houston Motorsports Park is proud to announce that it is now the newest and Texas’s only NASCAR sanctioned facility. Effective immediately, HMP has upgraded the facility to membership in the NASCAR Whelen All American Series for 2009 including the season opener, “Fiesta’s Speedfest presented by Cricket Wireless” on March 28th. Both the Pro Late Model and Pro Modified classes have been elevated to NASCAR Whelen All American Series Divisions.

Racer and Crew benefits include:

1. NASCAR Whelen All American Series License

2. Over $1,000,000 in participant accident insurance.

3. HMP, State and National Championship Eligibility.

4. Texas NASCAR “Rookie of the Year” Award.

5. HMP NASCAR “Mechanic of the Year” Award.

6. HMP and Texas NASCAR Champion receive custom Championship uniform, helmet & Invitation to NASCAR National Awards Banquet.

7. Drivers’ results are on NASCAR “radar screen.”

8. Considerably improved exposure for Driver’s sponsors.

Houston Motorsports Park will NOT be making any changes to the Class Rules or Racing Format for any classes as a result of the NASCAR sanctioning. The Pro Late Models will now be the “NASCAR Fiesta Late Models” and the Pro Modifieds will now be the “NASCAR Cricket Modifieds.”

Houston Motorsports Park will be reviewing all of the opportunities that the NASCAR Whelen All American Series offers to Drivers, Crew and Team Owners during a Special Meeting held at 10am, Saturday, March 28th in HMP’s Media room. All HMP Registered Drivers, Crew and Team Owners are invited to attend. During this meeting, HMP will also be issuing the required NASCAR Licenses to the “Fiesta NASCAR Late Models” and the Cricket NASCAR Modifieds.”

NASCAR sanctioning offers outstanding benefits for all involved and further Houston Motorsports Park’s goals of offering the fans the highest quality, fun and affordable entertainment, the racers the highest quality racing environment and the sponsors the highest value for their investment. Stay tuned for even more exciting announcements regarding the 2009 racing season. We’re not done yet!

Another job WELL DONE! You would never known that the economy was in the tank or is it all media driven, LOL. Seems like the short track racing here in Texas is getting stronger this season. I for one can tell you this will help in raising sponsorship for individual classes.

Edited by 360MotorSports

Another job WELL DONE! You would never known that the economy was in the tank or is it all media driven, LOL. Seems like the short track racing here in Texas is getting stronger this season. I for one can tell you this will help in raising sponsorship for individual classes.

I think you have to look at a lot of tracks that have already run something this season and the car counts there and see that local racing, and smaller national series, haven't really suffered that much. I just hope everyone keeps up the good work and keep pulling in the fans.

Considering that HMP is NASCAR's only Sanctioned track in Texas, If you win the championship, you will win both the track and state chamionships. That is how I read it, but you won't be eligible to win the National championship unless you race a few races somewhere else, because you have to race 18 races. This is a good deal, wish it happened while I was there. Good luck with it guys, just think, you are all a part of NASCAR now.

Might want to look at the schedule at Monroe in Louisiana; they joined the NASCAR ranks also. Be a way to get the 18 races required.

Thanks txtom, for trying to keep this a positive move. A dream and a positve attitude has is always been the first 2 steps. Not that there are not 98 more, but it is dead without those 2.

Edited by 360MotorSports

Monroe was what I was getting at, just had to go look and see. It is definately a good deal, and it will also attract more fans to have a NASCAR track in Houston. Everyone knows NASCAR. It is definately a good move on HMP. Makes me wish I still had my Late Model ride, but what I have going over here is working out pretty good.

There is a MANDATORY MEETING for all Pro Late Model and Pro Modified drivers at 10:00am Saturday March 28, 2009 in the Media Room. This is to review the Nascar sanctioning benefits and licensing for drivers. Pro Late Models and Pro Modifieds CANNOT go onto the track unless you’ve attended this meeting.

Drivers from other classes are also invited to attend.

If you have any questions please call John Mandabach at 713-826-3313.